confused

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolidDreamz

I met this guy that said he had a gsr block and a b16 head with I/H/E.
For the price to get a gsr block and do the swap to me doesnt seem like its worth the HP gains, I dont even know how much HP it would make. Any one know? For that price wouldnt it have been smarter to get other upgrades that would significantly increase a b16a2 hP? Just wondering he had a 00' si

Originally posted by 88bluehf@Jun 25 2005, 09:24 AM
he could have got a good deal on the block...id rather have the fsr block over the b16 personally.
[post=516353]Quoted post[/post]​

Could be that he plans too boost, or just wanted a better flowing head. The B16 head flows better than a b18 head. The B18 blk is stronger though, makes a really good combo for boosted applications.

it's because the gsr block is infinately better than the b16, even more so in that car because it's such a tank. the larger displacement of the gsr makes much more low end torque than the b16 which makes the driveablity a lot better as well as getting it off the line faster.

also, the b16 and the gsr head's flow practically the same. the gsr flows a bit better on the mid-range and the b16 flows better up top. but the differances are minimal, not even close to being noticable.

Originally posted by kylemarhx@Jun 25 2005, 10:44 AM
it's because the gsr block is infinately better than the b16, even more so in that car because it's such a tank. the larger displacement of the gsr makes much more low end torque than the b16 which makes the driveablity a lot better as well as getting it off the line faster.

also, the b16 and the gsr head's flow practically the same. the gsr flows a bit better on the mid-range and the b16 flows better up top. but the differances are minimal, not even close to being noticable.
[post=516364]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid:

Torque is your friend in these heavy-ass Si's. :)

I'm not sure why he ran the B16 head on the GSR block unless he plans to boost, the B16 head actually makes .2 less compression stock, and he probably lost hp. Most likely he fucked up the B16 that was in there, and it's pretty fucking expensive to buy a new 99-00 B16 so he figured to spend the extra $500 bux and go with the bigger, better, more powerfull motor. That's pretty much what happened to my SI, but a stock GSR motor wasn't good enough for me.... and I probably spent $750 more than I would have on a stock B16. :D

Back