Coolant Lines?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

can i just T off one of my coolant lines from the radiator? or should i not run antifreeze through my turbo??? if not then where the hell do i T for my water coolant lines to run to the turbo? and one more question.... there are 4 holes on my eclipse turbo i know one is the oil feed line and i know one is the oil drain line and i i think the other two are water feed and water drain ...am i right? please tell me everything you know aboiut this and links would be great to pipcs....none from homemadeturbo tho cause there site wont load on my computer thnx guys peace :worthy:

you must not know enough to be making a reply in the forced induction area then......for future reference there are oil cooled turbos and there are oil/water cooled turbos. what im trying to find out is if the water cooled part comes front the radiator lines or if it has to be ONLY water???

yes, most turbos are water and oil cooled. the best place to get the coolant is from the throttle body. just do a bypass by the throttle body. those lines are about the right size for the fitting on the turbo.

Thanks for the info b18vtecrx, it's not so much I don't know about turbos and how they work , I've never actaually installed one or fuxored with them much.

but from what else I've read, sounds like the coolant w/ antifreeze is just fine. how else you gonna get water thru those lines without antifreeze? beside a completely seperate cooling system just for the turbo.

thnx crx yem sorry i didnt mean to dis on you its just it sounded like you didnt know anything about what i asked and the point of posting a reply is mainly cause you have some useful info but thnx for your opinion(on your second reply) ill probly end up doing that ...no hard feelings bro :D

Back