CR-Z Opinions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

Was picking up some MT Fluid at Honda Today and decided to finally look at the CR-Z.

Now I will be looking at a new car for my Wife. Keys are that needs to be Small, Easy to Park, and must be a fun car. Currently She has a 04 Chevy Cavalier and to be dead honest the car has been Solid for us (besides interior). It will be her car but I know I will dirve it so... like any guy it must have my stamp on it.

I alwasy have been a fan of a CRX and for the last 2 years I've wanted to get a CRX Si and do a D15Z1 swap and HF tranny and have a Great MPG and still a bit of a fun car to drive when I drive though some bends. But my Wife hates the look of the CRX:ph34r: cause of its boxness, and I cannot part with my 00 EM1 or my 92 EG. So the CRX is out:(. I really want another Hatch Back, I miss my old DC and my EG is to hard and loud to use it normally.

So could this be my compermise? I sat in the CR-Z and it is a nice place to be, Way better then the Cavalier! Just sitting in it, I felt nice and low, not like the Jazz or a Chevy HHR or these other smaller newer cars. Over the years Honda has put out shit and they are Killing the Civic making it so freaking big.

Please dont respond with the "CRZ will never mesh up to the CRX, so therefor get the CRX" or Motor swap Options for either car. This will not be my Car the CRX is not an Option for me. I am looking to see if this can be a Compermise.

Everything that I have heard about the crz is positive. I think it is a great car for the ol lady. Pretty sporty and very economical.

I think it's kind of gay that your wife won't let you buy a CR-X for YOURSELF. I mean, if she doesn't want to drive one, fine. But not letting you get one to tinker with? Lame.

Anyway, I drove a CR-Z recently and it was nice for what is. Not overly exciting, but I'm sure it would make a fine car for for your wife...

who gives a fuck what your wife thinks? and she shouldn't be driving anyway, why the fuck is she leaving the kitchen?

CR-Z is a nice ride. I love the styling, interior, and gas mileage (guys at work smoke the EPA rating). It just doesn't have enough GO for the amount of FAST the styling expresses.

Its too bad you can't recreate the 2nd gen CRX. Great looks, gas mileage,and cheap and easy to repair. Stupid govt standards.

ep3, more function than a cr-z, can be enjoyable to drive, in theory... never owned one

I like my CR-Z. It's a great commuter car. I get 42mpg on my 31 mile drive to work.

That being said, it's a mildly fun car, it's certainly more fun than a 2001 mustang, 2009 fit, 2011 escape, 2011 avenger, and 2001 neon. I also own a sports bike and am picking up a dedicated race-car this fall.

Some things bug me about it, like the lack of a temp gauge, lack of a real MPG gauge, the funky regen-profile when battery drops below "3 bars," and the way the integrated bluetooth won't display a name in the instrument panel when someone calls, only their phone number even if you have your phonebook uploaded. The fit and finish of the interior remind me more of a BMW and a top-level Acura than a Honda. I'm still extremely happy with it for what it is (bought it November 17, 2010), it's a cool looking car to get me around town and the Eastern Seaboard of the US. If I want a fun car, I'll build a dedicated car to be fun. Also, the girls really like it.

Feel free to add me on fb and we can chat about it.

Last edited:
I like my CR-Z. It's a great commuter car. I get 42mpg on my 31 mile drive to work.

That being said, it's a mildly fun car, it's certainly more fun than a 2001 mustang, 2009 fit, 2011 escape, 2011 avenger, and 2001 neon. I also own a sports bike and am picking up a dedicated race-car this fall.

Some things bug me about it, like the lack of a temp gauge, lack of a real MPG gauge, the funky regen-profile when battery drops below "3 bars," and the way the integrated bluetooth won't display a name in the instrument panel when someone calls, only their phone number even if you have your phonebook uploaded. The fit and finish of the interior remind me more of a BMW and a top-level Acura than a Honda. I'm still extremely happy with it for what it is (bought it November 17, 2011), it's a cool looking car to get me around town and the Eastern Seaboard of the US. If I want a fun car, I'll build a dedicated car to be fun. Also, the girls really like it.

Feel free to add me on fb and we can chat about it.

quite the review for not even having it yet.. :ph34r:

Meh pretty gay. I can't get into a sporty car that is so damn slow, it's like a hot chick that doesn't have a vag or tatas.

In the end, it doesn't matter anyways, if she wants the car, that's all that matters and chances are she wont care what this forum thinks.

Back