crx field vtec wiring?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you'll ned more than the ecu and conversion harness to make it work.

obd0 electronics are NOT the same as ob1/2 are. the dstributor, vss, etc will need to be swapped for obd1 parts. they operate on a different pulse width and the obd1 conmputer won't run the car right.
search up the obd1 conversion in the ef hybrid forum-- its been convered there a lot.

IMO, chip the pw0, and DL turboedit. its an obd0 rom editor, and can be used for non-turbo maps as well.

in reference to a b16 but it's the same principals

use the search button fool

ok,im going to try to help you out,im a well known member and would appreciate if you would listen,
it would be best to use the proper vtec ecu,because if you just use a vtec controler,your not getting the correct fuel or timing maps,this will hurt you motor,so save up and do it right te first time,another thing,if you convert to obd1 you ave to use obd1 components,
the a6 dizzy WILL NOT work

most of these questions have been answered on here a bunch of times, like YBLEGAL said, use the search tool, all these questions can be answered. when you install the new head, you need the same dizzy like the other guys said. Maybe look up some posts for the mini-me swap a little more. theres is tons of DIY's on here about that.

most of these questions have been answered on here a bunch of times, like YBLEGAL said, use the search tool, all these questions can be answered. when you install the new head, you need the same dizzy like the other guys said. Maybe look up some posts for the mini-me swap a little more. theres is tons of DIY's on here about that.
the problem with using the search tool is that there's TOO MUCH information about the mini me swap, and none of it has to do with the questions i need answered. and another problem is that there's too much information to sort through so i can never find my answer. i didn't have the time to look at the write up yet. i'll leave it open so i can take a look at it tomorrow. can anybody answer why the a6 can't be used exactly? it says the internals are different than the obd1 distributor, but what's different? because the external wires to the distributor are the same besides the plugs. and everybody's telling me to use a non-vtec dx distributor for my y8 head, so i know it doesn't matter if the distributor is from a vtec motor. so what's the deal? let me know as i would like to know so i can learn from this. thanks again guys

you cant use an obd0 dizzy with an obd1 ecu because tey have differant components,it will run like shit,if at all!,the plugs are diferant,and some sensors are differant,
use the fucking obd1 stuff,stop asking questions that have already been answered and do what is told,jesus christ,you want to be spoon fed but wont take our word

why are you being a dipshit dude? i'm asking questions because i want to know WHY it won't work, not just for you to tell me it won't without giving me details. i want to learn, i want the details, i want to know exactly why stuff won't work with what. you being an asshole isn't going to help me with that. don't just tell me why stuff isn't going to work, tell me why it won't with details, that's why i keep asking different questions. if you don't like it, don't read it, don't post, just bounce, don't be a douche bag about it. i say thanks all the time because i appreciate everything everybody helps me with

why are you being a dipshit dude? i'm asking questions because i want to know WHY it won't work, not just for you to tell me it won't without giving me details. i want to learn, i want the details, i want to know exactly why stuff won't work with what. you being an asshole isn't going to help me with that. don't just tell me why stuff isn't going to work, tell me why it won't with details, that's why i keep asking different questions. if you don't like it, don't read it, don't post, just bounce, don't be a douche bag about it. i say thanks all the time because i appreciate everything everybody helps me with
me being a dipshit??are you fucking kiddin me?!it wont work because obd0 components dont work well with obd1 components,like i said in the post above,learn to read and you wont have any problems,your being a fucking newb,and wont search because theres to much to learn about???
sounds to me like its time fo you to move along,im done spoon feeding your sorry ass,and i would advise all the other members to quit as well,youve been told numerous answers o your numerous questions,but still keep looking for more shit.
have a nice day:)

wow. alright. and btw, i am a newb. everybody was a newb once. you wouldn't of learned what you know now if it wasn't for somebody else. and i'm not being spoon fed, i'm asking questions that i have no other way of finding out. i've read post after post after post and still don't have the answers i'm looking for. i'm online all the time trying to get the answers i'm looking for yet i still go to bed wondering how to do everything that's in my head.

anyways, i'll do what everbody's telling me to do, in your words, and switch to obd1. but for those who don't want to go through swapping over, i would still like to see my original question answered. how do you hook up a field vtec controller to obd0?

i'm not trying to fight with you, i'm not trying to piss you off, i'm not trying to offend anybody. i just want to learn and i just want answers. i appreciate your help and everybody elses help

i'm not trying to fight with you, i'm not trying to piss you off, i'm not trying to offend anybody. i just want to learn and i just want answers. i appreciate your help and everybody elses help
just lean how to show som respect for the everyday members,i didnt get the ep i have for incorrect info,did the link help at all?

it helped a little. i'm looking at it in conjunction with the link that i posted to make sure it can be wired the same way. i appreciate the info, and i do respect you as long as you are cool ya know. thanks a lot

how about you learn the way most people did... go to school? or read some books? your just using everyone elses head instead of your own. if you want to know how things work, go take some classes, or buy some books, i did, and now i'm way better of because of it.

i really want to go to school and still could considering i'm barely 21. and i have the funds from life insurance left from my mother when she passed away. but i have a really great job that i love and don't want to give that up right now. but basically, you guys can be my teachers? lol i'm just playing. but really, the way i know so much about older american cars is from working on them with my dad and then building my own project car which resides in my garage until it warms up. i ask tons of questions because there are tons of stuff on these cars and i have lots of things i need answered before i can go tearing into stuff, this is my daily driver ya know. but that's the thing, i research a bunch of information and can't find the exact answers i'm looking for, so i ask here, meanwhile still trying to discover my answers. i don't just post without looking, i've been on car forums for many years and know that's not how you do it

how about you learn the way most people did... go to school? or read some books? your just using everyone elses head instead of your own. if you want to know how things work, go take some classes, or buy some books, i did, and now i'm way better of because of it.
WRONG,i did NOT learn from classes or books,i learned from real life applications,half the people here have learned the same way,and classes do not necessarily teach you in depth,most will touxh on the basics of each subject,
and wat if is way of learning is hands on instead of reading??
apply your newb knowledge somewhere else

I'm 20. I learned through experiance on my daily driver. TONs of hardcore research is what it requires. Dedication. If you can't handle searching through the night just to find out 1 tiny scap of information go pay a shop to do the work. No classes for me. Bought a few books, downloaded many more. There's 95% of what you need free on the internet. The rest you can find in a factory service manual.

i need to get some better manuals. i have the chiltons, but it isn't the greatest. i know exactly what you mean, i'm constantly bitched at by my girlfriend to get off of the computer, she sounds like she'd be my mom most of the time lol. she says i have a "problem" with being on the computer and maybe i should have an intervention. that's really how long i'm on the computer, it's pretty bad. but that's what i'm saying, i stress out trying to figure out answers, so i ask on here while still searching. after i completely understand, i do all of the work myself, nobody else has really ever touched my car unless they're doing really basic stuff. i just don't trust anybody's work unless it's my own ya know. i'm just really new to this kind of honda stuff, and it's a lot different than muscle cars, so it kind of a tough transition. anyways, just so you all know, i do appreciate all of your guys' wisdom. thanks a lot

a little blunt injen, but thanks for setting me straight. the taste of foot in my mouth sure doesn't taste very good. i just find that i could understand a lot more of what your saying after i was done my first year of school. thats all i meant.

Back