Crx lsv WONT START

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Alex LSV crx

What's up guys so I have a 1989 crx si with a lsv b18b1 block and a b16 head converted over to obd1, yes I deleted the little ground box for the injectors and put them altogether with the red wire the car ran perfect I started to cut my ac plugs off my dash harness and put a new chip in my ecu for lsv tuned I'm running a pr4 chipped whit h worded with the old chip ever since I cut my ac plugs off the car only idles when giving gas it dies out so I put a 1990 crx si dash harness in the car everything connected right up go to try and sart the car nothing....fuel pump turns on I get spark (sometimes) still haven't found out why I only get spark sometime days when I work on the car then I look at the plugs the cylinders are flooded so I take the fuel rail off have my dad turn the keep on and crank it over the injectors are spraying like crazy like fuel blast the motor culled up with gas oil was so deluded so put be oil new injectors and regulator sill having the same problem if anyone could help me please Iv been bashing my head in for the past week looking over everything thanks

I would look over the wiring again. All connections and changes to wiring should be verified. I can't help but to think it is rooted in a wire issue with the distributor or a bad distributor..but I'm guessing

I know this may be a stupid thought but I've delt with mine doing this to me! When you pull the plugs out take a small tourch and dry them 100% then very lightly wire brush them clean all the while leave your injector plugs off so totally unplug them then with a long nose lighter down each spark plug tunnel light the cyl making sure each cyl is totally 100% dry to the bone! It may require you to leave the plugs out for a few hours to evap the fuel then once you have everything beyond a doubt dry put it all back together leaving injectors unplugged still turn the car over a few times at WOT then plug injectors back in and try to start it! These motors HATE to be even the slightest bit flooded when cold starting! I was down for a week because I didn't fully dry out my cyls!

So... What's the update? Did you get her running?

So... What's the update? Did you get her running?
I tried what you suggested and it still didn't work the cylinders flooded right up after only cranking it for 3 seconds tried a different chip in the ecu didn't fix the problem put a p30 ecu and still didn't help with the problem

image.jpeg

OK and you said you have spark but only part of the time or? And have you tried unplugging the main relay and holding the throttle to the floor and cranking it over for 20 sec stop for 20 sec then crank again for another 20 sec? If not try that and report back I want to know if it try's to fire or not! If it does keep doing it until it stops trying to fire then plug your main relay back in and try starting it again.

Back