CRX si with D16Z6 issues...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SocalCRXsi

Hey guys sorry the first post i make is one lookin for help but i need some answers/help. Here is the situation so i just got a new job in san diego and im in the process of moving there and my zc motor decided it would be a good time to blow an oil ring on no 1 cyl, so having no time i decided to have a shop do a swap for me minty fresh rebuilt D16Z6 anyways fast forward a bit they did a crap job on the install.

The head and block look like theyve been rebuilt the power seems decent enough no odd noises except for some nasty sounds from the timing belt area that sounds like the timing belt is too tight, turns out they reused the crank pulley from the zc/a6 as well as the lower timing belt cover from the zc/a6 so im trying to dig up a z6 crank pulley and i picked up a brand new z6 lower timing belt cover. And then they also have the coolant line thats next to the vtec solenoid capped off with a piece of water hose with a bolt in it and clamped this cant be good what problems will there be with this? I already ordered all new hoses and the coolant tube but im currently driving the car out of need.

My problem is this, first the car is running pretty rich and the car doesnt want to idle for long when i come to a stop the car dips down to almost 0 rpm and wants to die then bounces up a little bit and occasionally will stall and the idle is rough. Im ASSuming that since they reused the a6 pulley and cover that the timing is off by 2 degrees or more. I already did the normal tune up bits as well as cleaned out the IACV and working on the fast idle valve and throttle body (the whole IM looks pretty gunked up).

So think im headed in the right direction? Or do i need to look at other possibilities there are no codes being thrown it had a few but it was their crappy wiring i got that all straight and got rid of all the codes. Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Whoops forgot to mention the car has been converted to obd1 using a p28 ecu 4 wire o2 sensor and a jumper harness.

Back