crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bjoebright14

hey guys i got a question i got a crx si and i just fixed the wireing harness finally and i was wondering if it should crank with all the plugs but only 3 wires? i know if it does it will miss im just looking to see if the motor is good

Yea it should crank.The only reason I know that is because I've heard of people doing compression tests while the car is running with 3 plugs in and 1 out, but I don't know how great that would be for it to run on just 3 cylinders, its ok if your just cranking it to see if your wirings good but idk know about running it on 3, but I doubt your running it with 3.

k thanks it has been sitting up you think it would crank on just three and do you know much about crx si cause i have another question

Yea it should crank.The only reason I know that is because I've heard of people doing compression tests while the car is running with 3 plugs in and 1 out, but I don't know how great that would be for it to run on just 3 cylinders, its ok if your just cranking it to see if your wirings good but idk know about running it on 3, but I doubt your running it with 3.

how else would you do a compression test?

my crx would not turn ove so i ran another wire from the starter to the ignition and now it will turn over and not crank do you think its just the wire or the fuse box under ther driver side?

well i think its the wire or where it goes in the fuse box it will turn over but not hit a lick and the only way i can get it to turn over is to hook a wire from starter to ingnition and i only have 3 plug wires at the moment

I had a crx but it had a b16 swap. Do you have the original engine in it or is it swapped? and mthafukngreen I meant a running compression test with 3 plugs in and running, I think its called a compression diagnostic test(I could be wrong). And it differs from a regular compression test by all the plugs are out and obviously the car is not running and your cranking it. I should have explained it more detailed.

i have the original motor i want to crank this motor so i know all the wiring is good before i do the swap what do you think?

I don't know much about sohc engine, but I'm sure its not tha different. Your best is if you already know the engine works and you just want to check your wiring, you should just invest in a multimeter and make sure all your wiring is gettin a current.

Idk were your located, but if you have a harbor frieght tools near you you can get one cheap. If not you can probably get one at any automotive store like autozone or advanced auto if you have any near you. If not you can go to harborfrieghttools.com and order one for like 10 bucks, I work at a harbor frieght in new jersey that's how I know.

walmart, target, tool stores, car stores.. kmart, fred meyer. canadian tire.. whatever.

Back