CRX Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CorruptCRX

;) I am new at all this so please work with me. I have 2 1991 Crx HF's and I also have a 1988 Acura Integra LS with a d16a1 and i was wondering how hard this would be to swap. I was told that the D16a1 is very close to the JDM ZC, I have no clue. Can you help me out? thank you

CORRUPTCRX

They're not close..similar looking..but the D16 has a weaker output..and paired with the HF tranny..that's just ghey..The D16 puts out something like 116/100 and the ZC 135/108? It's not really worth it unless you're just bored..but yeah just bolt in and a few wiring changes i think..

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 2 2002, 12:40 AM
They're not close..similar looking..but the D16 has a weaker output..and paired with the HF tranny..that's just ghey..The D16 puts out something like 116/100 and the ZC 135/108? It's not really worth it unless you're just bored..but yeah just bolt in and a few wiring changes i think..

This is all correct! But there are many similarity's between the two as fr parts wise! Word to the wise when needing ZC parts and the auto part store has no clue what a ZC is. Try the D16a1 parts! 9.8 out of 10 times its the same thing!

ZC 130/108 - z6 125/106
I'm in the vast minority here but I just did the z6 swap. It's great!! I only have about 100 miles on it so far. I wanted to keep the air and was doing the swap myself so I went for easy. The great thing is any parts store or honda place has parts for it. I built the bottom end while the engine was out of the car and will eventually get to the top.
Of course the question comes in would I do it again - probably not - I'd go for the bigger is better theory and that not either zc or z6.

:( So what your saying is that i cant swap the d16 with my 91 CRX? I need to find out what to do so maybe i can buy me a new motor

yep..that's what we're saying. if you really want to swap, tell us how much you wanna spend and we will tell you our opinions on the best route to take.

For 2 grand I bet you could get a B16A installed..and I mean installed..and if you wanna run NA then that would be a good route..figure 1200-1300 for the engine..that's the route I would take..

Originally posted by djextremity@Oct 2 2002, 03:51 PM
For 2 grand I bet you could get a B16A installed..and I mean installed..and if you wanna run NA then that would be a good route..figure 1200-1300 for the engine..that's the route I would take..

Yup! that is the route I would take if you wanna stay N/A! You will have enough for it also with $2000! Just look around and price check everyone before you buy!

hondamotorsonline.com is selling them for 1100 right now..I have heard success and horror stories about them..but ya can't beat 1100..hell if you can find a place to install it for 400 then you don't even have to do the work!

i got an engine from hondamotorsonline.com ... it took a little while for it to get to me but it was definatly worth the wait ... the thing looks like it just came off the assembly line its spotless .... couldnt be happier with it ... lookin forward to dropping it in this winter

Back