crx with b18a1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

redef91

what up honda gods i got 91 ls motor that i wanna install in my si crx. the only that stoping me from swaping it is miles on the motor 205000 on the ls. it run strong and everything but i still got a problem if i swap it,its gonna break down. c i have stock d16a6 in it right now with i,h,e and i am right behind ls hatches. the d16a6 i got, got 66,000 oringal miles on it and pulls real hard. see what im asking is, u guys think it will be worth me swaping it out and put the 91 ls motor in it what should i do to ls so it will not break down such as tune up things. ive real that crx will run anywhere from high 14's to low 15's with 91 ls swap is this correct to u honda gods. just need some edvice. i dont know if it will pull that hard with those many miles.

If I were you, I would leave the d16A6 in the car, and do a complete rebuild on the LS motor. I just got done doing that myself. My d16 had 225k on it, it was tired and the rings gave out. But at the first sign of trouble, I purchased a LS motor and started rebuilding. By the time my d16 started smoking pretty good I had a fresh b18 to drop into it.

Or sell the whole car to me, I would love a CRX with 60k on the clock!

rebuild the whole ls how much would that run me about wouldnt i be just betta off on buying a whole other block with less miles easier. like a block from hmotorsonline. i know rebuild is gonna well over a 1000

Should be something like $1400.00

BUT, you can do it a little at a time, because you have a good working motor in your car. And it would be better to get a fresh rebuilt engine in the car for 1400 than a used, unknown motor for $1000.

Also, you could save up and slap a vtec head on that bad boy. Build a monster, then install it.

Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by phyregod@Aug 6 2005, 11:35 AM
Should be something like $1400.00

BUT, you can do it a little at a time, because you have a good working motor in your car. And it would be better to get a fresh rebuilt engine in the car for 1400 than a used, unknown motor for $1000.

Also, you could save up and slap a vtec head on that bad boy. Build a monster, then install it.

Just my 2 cents.
[post=536583]Quoted post[/post]​

high compression ls u think its worth it or u wouldnt even bother.

Why not build a high compression LS/Vtec?
even more power.

I upped the compression in the motor in mine, slightly. But haven't had a chance to dyno it.. No idea what kind of gains I got.

Definitely keep the a6 in and rebuild the ls. It will be worth your time and money.

Originally posted by Callidus@Aug 6 2005, 07:23 PM
Definitely keep the a6 in and rebuild the ls. It will be worth your time and money.
[post=536722]Quoted post[/post]​

good looks honda gods

i'd suggest the same.

Fuck an N/A LS or LSV though. Build a Turbo LSV for an easy 300 hp or be a little conservative and go with an LS-T.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Aug 7 2005, 10:55 AM
i'd suggest the same.

Fuck an N/A LS or LSV though. Build a Turbo LSV for an easy 300 hp or be a little conservative and go with an LS-T.
[post=536892]Quoted post[/post]​

i was thinkning that would be two much money though

Rebuild the LS, then boost it and go crazy. On LS/VTEC- don't get me wrong it's very nice- but For the price of the VTEC conversion, you can have forged pistons and rods in the LS block without VTEC and make well over 300whp on boost.

You could also just turbo the D16A6 with money that you get from selling the LS engine. Even with a conservative turbo setup, you'll be considerably faster than if you just swapped the LS block into your CRX. If you're willing to spend a ton more later on down the line to mod the LS block, keep it and rebuild it. If you don't want to spend too much later on and just want a nice performance boost to beat the LS guys, turbo what you have. 200whp isn't much of a stretch on a stock D16A6 with a turbo on it.

Back