Ctr Pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

D See 2

does anyone know the biggest lift cams you can use when running ctr pistons in a b16a block with b16a head. stock valves. and the max valve lift on the intake cam is 12.5mm (.49"). will there be any valve clearance issues?

wow, that is huge lift!. but, i dont know the answer to your question :) curious, which cams are these?

Originally posted by B16@Mar 2 2003, 05:03 PM
wow, that is huge lift!. but, i dont know the answer to your question :) curious, which cams are these?

zex stage 2's https://hondaswap.com/reference/index.php?mode=zex. they are comparable to the skunk2 stage 3's. zex has them in their project car with JE 10.5:1 cr pistons in a GSR block. but i want to know if they will have problems with 10.8:1 cr with ctr pistons in a b16a block.

guess you should clay it, unless you can find somone who has run that high of a lift with that piston/block/cam combo.

yea, i was guessing that, i was just wondering if anyone had any experience with pistons/cams and could give me some info or good sites to look at. thx B16

does anyone know the biggest lift cams you can use when running ctr pistons in a b16a block with b16a head. stock valves. and the max valve lift on the intake cam is 12.5mm (.49"). will there be any valve clearance issues.

the cam that you have is not gonna touch the ctr pistons if you have a unmilled head. so make sure the head havent milled.

check out this site. There are three guys (i suppose guys) that will know the answer or at least be able to point you in the right direction. Like claying them.

D-series

It's mainly D-series info but I still think they'll know the answer. Bisimoto, Mista Bone, and Chasrex

Back