Custom Wastegate Dump And Trim

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

colorpros

I shot the dump right out the side of the bumper.Then went to lowes and bought some stainless steel and made that rtrim piece and rivited it to the bumper.

s3e93323f5a55e.jpg

thats awesome man, but can you axplain to me exactly how that works if you have it hooked up to your exhaust?

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Apr 8 2003, 03:54 PM
thats awesome man, but can you axplain to me exactly how that works if you have it hooked up to your exhaust?

It comes of the wategate.There is a flange on the wastegate and its welded to it and routed outside the bumper.When boost levels exceed your spring pressure or your boost controller setting the excess boost comes out that pipe w the sound of freaking ripping metal.I guess that should sum it up in a geeky kind of way...

you riveted stainless steel to plasitc? how?

and obviously for less resistance, but why else have the dump instead of just send it out the exaust?

so most of your exhaust is still going out the system like normal? does what you have setup add any extra power when it engages?

cause i thought you had your exhaust setup so that you caould choose for it to dump out of the side when racing or go throught exhaust while driving normal. still awesome either way

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Apr 8 2003, 04:12 PM
do you know what a rivet is?

uhh yes actually I do know what a rivet is, and I ask because i would usually assume a rivet could spider plastic

there are different types of rivets. im sure he didnt use the kind that hold planes together that you have to use an air hammer to install. rivets were designed for applications like these

well alright then chief, no need to ask me if I know what a rivet is, like an idiot . I just don't happen to rivet things together alot, sue me

Wouldn't it have been better(safety wise) to put it behind the tire? Just asking, cuz i saw somewhere it could spit sparks out of there sometimes

i saw a setup like this on an Integra, but he had the wastegate fed in to a motorcycle/dirtbike? muffler, so it was quiet i guess, but not very stealthy with a hole on the side of the bumper. Either way i'm down with DIY and that looks really cool. Any performance gains noticed?

I dont know about a performance gain.The rivets I used where small..Im not to worried adout where its located being that over 80 percent of cars in the NIRA are the same way.

not to bogart your thread, but someone on here told me you know about painting carbon fiber. Is it true?

Just playing devil's advocate here...

How do you deal with the flex of the motor mounts? Do you have a flex joint in the tubing at all to allow for the moving of the engine?

Originally posted by SiR Kid@Apr 9 2003, 03:07 AM
Just playing devil's advocate here...

How do you deal with the flex of the motor mounts? Do you have a flex joint in the tubing at all to allow for the moving of the engine?

there is about a 1/4 inch of space all the way around the pipe.So far I havent had any trouble

Back