Cystic Fibrosis = teh suck

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sabz5150

FALCON PUNCH!!!
My cousin passed away last week from complications due to cystic fibrosis. She was 34. She seemed to be doing great up until recently. We got the call and it was like damn... Puts things into perspective, never know if the next day will be your last.

:(

Sorry to hear that, my condolences as well Sabz. :(

What does cystic fibrosis do to you anyway? Does it affect the nervous system?

I'd look it up but I don't feel like wading through 80 pages of google results.

Originally posted by 2000Si@Jun 15 2005, 07:45 AM
Sorry to hear that, my condolences as well Sabz. :(

What does cystic fibrosis do to you anyway? Does it affect the nervous system?

I'd look it up but I don't feel like wading through 80 pages of google results.
[post=512382]Quoted post[/post]​

An inherited disease of exocrine glands, affecting most characteristically the pancreas, respiratory system, and sweat glands, usually beginning in infancy and typified by chronic respiratory infections, pancreatic insufficiency, and susceptibility to heat prostration. Cirrhosis of liver occurring in childhood is common and may produce portal hypertension, splenomegaly, and hypersplenism.

Sorry to hear about that, it always suck when you lose a family member.

Sorry to hear that Sabz.

If what you say is true John, would syptoms of this disease include ulcer(sp?) type syptoms? If so, my friend's brother died of that. I think he was 42. He would always eat and eat because he would only feel better when his stomach was full. I know you said nothing about the stomach but he actually passed away, due to the organs you mentioned, started to fail.

i had a friend in high school with CF... she was gorgeous... she died a few months ago. :(

Thanks guys. Technically she is not part of my family, but I have been so close to my godmother and her family for so long that they're practically family :)

The hardest part was telling my godmother the news. Something like that is NEVER easy.

Carpe Diem.... (seize the day)

Noone is guaranteed tomorrow..

Sorry to hear that man. But if it makes you live your life differently, and see things in a new light.. To value what time you have here, then it wasn't for nothing.

Back