D15 into crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Stillvdubbin

How come many people dont put the d15 into the crx it seems like a easy cheap swap for 130 hp. I am new to the honda thing. I am looking for a crx if anyone has one but i was just trying to see some swaps and learn how things are done b4 i get started. Will the tranny fit thats in the rex now for the d 15 or something else i know you got to wire for vtec which seems easy was thinking about this swap with some spray maybe 50 shot see if it can keep up with my bug. Any help would be great tanks

uhm.... some crx's have a d15 block allready... so..... yea... how bout them apples ;)

i think ur talkin bout a ZC.... i think... but if u are most people go with the DOHC version there.... and as far as learnign about swaps and stuff just cruise the forums and ck stuff out for a while :)

easier to swap in DOHC ZC and get 130hp and have more torque without fighting OBD1 to OBD0 issues - yes, transmission will bolt right up

his question was why people dont put d15 in. The answer is because they dont have 130 hr. more like 105-115. :o

But they do have high compression with a 92 civic si head, whcih works really well with the vtec.<aka mini me> an easy way to make more than 130 hr. and money in your pocket. also everyone youll go up against will most definitly have a larger engine than 1.5 leters making you the underdog, also making it that much more enjoyable when you stomp em. ;)

Originally posted by jdmvteccrx@Apr 29 2004, 09:13 PM
his question was why people dont put d15 in. The answer is because they dont have 130 hr. more like 105-115. :o

But they do have high compression with a 92 civic si head, whcih works really well with the vtec.<aka mini me> an easy way to make more than 130 hr. and money in your pocket. also everyone youll go up against will most definitly have a larger engine than 1.5 leters making you the underdog, also making it that much more enjoyable when you stomp em. ;)

JDM D15B is SOHC VTEC engine with 130hp - basically same as D16Z6, except only 1.5L

Back