D15b

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

chadcharb

VIP
i have a d15b with no v-tech. i am curious of what the stock hp numbers are and if its worth spending any money on, just bolt on shit or anything at all for that matter.

They have 91 hp(hehe) and you can make a bit more power by intake, headers, ect. If you want you can put the si motor (d16) in and it would be really easy to do. Brad and I did it in about 3-4 hours. Then you could do I/H/E.

They have 91 hp(hehe) and you can make a bit more power by intake, headers, ect. If you want you can put the si motor (d16) in and it would be really easy to do. Brad and I did it in about 3-4 hours. Then you could do I/H/E.
so is it worth doing i/h/e? its a new motor

umm well if you want to have fun do ihe. and or if you want to have fun and smoke 5.0L stangs go with si motor. lol

brads first car was a auto dx ( your motor) and it had an intake and no muff and it kicked some mazda mx3 or something ass.

brads first car was a auto dx ( your motor) and it had an intake and no muff and it kicked some mazda mx3 or something ass.
so if i wanted to swap to the d16 would i have to do any ecu shit? is that motor vtech? i just put that motor in my car this weekend and it was my first one

The D16 is very similar to the D15- different head and crankshaft and multi port fuel injection (MPFI) if I have my stuff right. NON Vtec. You need a PM6(?) ecu (not sure if there are any others that will work) and either a complete MPFI harness to swap or you need to do the MPFI wiring conversion. DX,STD (DPFI) -> Si,HX (MPFI) wiring
If you have a brand new D15B2 I would recommend getting a header and exhaust system, and upgrading to MPFI. This way you can swap in an engine much easier when the time comes because your wiring will be "up to date" in a way. But I beat the living hell out of my D15 for 3 years and loved every minute of it.

The D16 is very similar to the D15- different head and crankshaft and multi port fuel injection (MPFI) if I have my stuff right. NON Vtec. You need a PM6(?) ecu (not sure if there are any others that will work) and either a complete MPFI harness to swap or you need to do the MPFI wiring conversion. DX,STD (DPFI) -> Si,HX (MPFI) wiring
If you have a brand new D15B2 I would recommend getting a header and exhaust system, and upgrading to MPFI. This way you can swap in an engine much easier when the time comes because your wiring will be "up to date" in a way. But I beat the living hell out of my D15 for 3 years and loved every minute of it.
does switchin to mpfi help me with hp or just make thing simpler down the road?

vtech is a phone.. looks like this
vtech-vt20-2431.jpg

vtec :)
images

I only had my mpfi swapped d15 running for about 3 days, but it definitely seemed to have more go. And as far as I know it helps to have the swap done if you want to do a full engine swap later on.

the mpfi is better because of the injectors you can always upgrade them and its just less hassle than having a carb. and go with the si swap its worth it and i mite have the pm6 ecu layin around ill look and those motors are easy to come by.

you forgot to ask if it's a D15b2,D15B1,or D15B6........B1 has 62hp...B6 has 70hp....B2 has 92hp....b1 was in 88-91 crx and HF b6 was in DX civic and crx [non si] B2 was in civic LX

sorry to break in here i dont know how to post. but i got a 94 civic ex but with a d15b7 and i was driving and it just turned off everything died out of nowher nothing worked but the hazards and brake light??? its auto and when i turned the key like all the way i still could not get it out of park plz help????

Back