D16/d15b7... Mistory Pistons... need some help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

5speed4life

Ok, here is the deal. My dude bought a 12 second civic coupe that was a straight up drag car. He was told that it had aftermarket pistons and rods in it, but he was also told they were pulled. The wire harness was cut, and everything in the engine bay was made pretty useless. So we figured that the previous owner pulled the engine (cutting everything) and removed the pistons. He also removed the cams, cam caps, and anything else that would make this an easy motor to get running again.

The block is a d15b7, and it has a d16a1 head on it.

So we randomly decided to pull the head. We were shocked to find the pistons were still in it. The block looks as if it has been bored and honed. The head gasket was badly blown.

But as of right now, (we havent pulled any thing else apart) the only thing we can see are the tops of the pistons.

They are flat top, with valve reliefs on them.

The only markings i can remember on them are Pr3, and 8.0.

Does anyone know what kind of pistons these are? and if they are a stock piston, or are they aftermarket?

I am building up my own Turbo D, i was hoping to get into the mid lower 12's with, and this may end up saving me time and money if its still built.

At the same time i do not want to pull the pistons and rods out if i dont need to.

I will get pics later.

so he bought a "12 second" car with a single cam engine that doesn't have any cams, wiring harness, or any part of the head?? and you were suprised to find pistons in there??

sounds like a raw deal to me...

Originally posted by pills_PMD@May 17 2005, 12:49 AM
so he bought a "12 second" car with a single cam engine that doesn't have any cams, wiring harness, or any part of the head?? and you were suprised to find pistons in there??

sounds like a raw deal to me...
[post=500398]Quoted post[/post]​

LOL.
Naw, its a florida rust free shell he picked up for 300 bucks. 100% solid.
It had a turbo d15b7 bottom end with a d16a1 head (dohc).

We were told that the rotating assembly was pulled out of this engine, so when we pulled the head, we were kinda suprised to see pistons.

Originally posted by 2naboy@May 17 2005, 04:53 PM
maybe the block was bored to accept b16 pistons.
[post=500623]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah, i think we may have been fed some BS on this one. lol. Yeah, its stock pm5 pistons, there is no stage 4 clutch in it, lol, and stock rods. Yay... Still worth it to my buddy, but not me. I was looking foreward to a shit load of cheap parts.

Back