D16A6 CRX ~ which ECU?? pm6, pm7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:D OK here's how it is.........
Have a CRX DX.
Have the SI d16a6 engine but am looking for an ecu... and a clutch too, but lets focus on the ecu.

I plan to try and get the most out of this little engine as far as horse mainly. (I am not doing a dohc swap anytime soon).

I have tried to investigate ECU's and have not found much info, stock ecu is a pm6 which will give me about 105 horse if I am lucky.

So far I have found that my best option would be a pg7 dohc ecu. But are there particular years I should look for, like for example with the pm6 I should look only for 90-91. And am I really going to notice????? How many horse we talkin?

Also are there any disadvantages to putting a DOHC ecu in a SOHC car besides the obvious mpg going down???? Advantages besides increased rev. limiter????

Pg7 ????? Is that the best I can do, or are there other ecu's that will do the job???

Also anyone got a good clutch laying around they want to sell for the d16a6??

Thanks for any info!!!!

I do not think that the PM7 will do that much for you other than make you run really rich. Honestly I would do the normal, Intake, exaust, and header. Then I would look into a cam and valve train, there are a lot of companies now making SOHC cams especially for the A6. Personally I would just save my money for the DOHC. Check out exospeed.com they have some good sohc prodects and a lot of knowledge on them. :)

Thanks, I forgot to mention I am planning on racing this car, stock only class, with no mods= no intake or even header. I figured ecu is the best way to hide more horses.

Sorry, I said pm7 earlier, it should be pg 7.

Anyone else???

Moving to the ecu forum.
The pg7 will foul your plugs quick, atleast in my a 6 it does. If you get a 90=91 ecu it will be easier to chip, if you want to get into doing that. Stick with the ecu designed for the engine. As Maasey said look into those mods. Putting some higher compression pistons in there will help you more than screwing with the ecu.

90-91 Si PM6 chipped w/ JDM PR5 maps for SOHC ZC. That's my advice. You won't get much better without learning and thinking, and that may be painful.

Back