D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Things to get done before friday:
bleed clutch
do front brakes
replace left cv axle
put in the new motor mount
top off all fluids
wire vtec possibly
bolt in my rear seatbelts
replace exhaust gasket
check for spark
I would also like to take out my seats, and center console and vacuum my car. It needs it badly.

All this stuff should get done by friday if I have time.

Got the axle done, tested for spark: none, checked for power headed to the distributor: was getting power so I replaced the distributor. Install new distributor, cv axle, and motor mount. Dicked with it tonight and nothing came out of it. Sounds much better like it wants to start but nothing. Checked spark again and nothing. I don't get it. ordered B&M fuel pressure regulator, and accel supertune kit.

not always. sometimes if spark is far enough out it will screw with your spark. But I have checked and rechecked my timing and it lines up according to the b7 cam gear, should I try and swap my y8 cam gear back on and time it with that just to see if it makes a difference?

Minor update I recieved and installed my fuel pressure regulator. I am very happy with the way it looks, and how easy it was to install. I would recommend them to anyone. so far...

Last edited:
i borrowed a blox fpr and b&m fuel pressure gauge from a buddy but he needed them back, so i ordered my own. i need to switch them, but it's a black blox fpr and looks sick. i can't wait to get everything swapped over. knowing it's your own is a good feeling. blox lca's are on too, just thought i'd throw that out there lol. good luck man

We got around to goofing around with my turbo in the engine bay. My d15b7 exhaust manifold almost fits my turbo flange, it will have to be modified to fit but I have already been measuring the cuts I have to make and the holes I need to drill for the bolts. I still need to pick some more stuff up before I have the full kit but I am not going to focus on that for a long time. If I were to find stuff at a good deal I might pick it up. I can get all my oil, and coolant lines at work which is sick.

Attachments

• sam 009.jpg
    sam 009.jpg
    627.9 KB · Views: 230
  • sam 007.jpg
    sam 007.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 228
  • sam 008.jpg
    sam 008.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 255
Don't know if mentioned it but right now the car is practically gutted so it can be vacuumed. It needs it badly. In the process I will adjust my e-brake, replace any burnt out fuses I might have, and put the interior all back together when I am done.

yeah it looks pretty bad in there lol. you're the first person that's requested pics. i can take some with my digital camera after i wash and clean her up. gotta get my strut/tie bars installed too

i'll get em up as soon as i can. i need to read on how to post pictures here cause i usually just post with html format, looks like everybody else just uploads em. but i'm gettin my windshield replaced right now and then getting tint right after. gotta clean the house before my gf gets home from vegas too. hopefully i'll have some free time before i go to basketball. they'll get here by the end of the night for sure lol

nice man if you wana upload pics you need to upload them on a site then take the code and post it in the post heres a super good program i use it all the time TinyPic - gratis vrdtjnst fr bilder, foton och video you need to use the code for forums

i found this sick crx whit a build d16 in it going mid 8.50 on a 1/8 mile

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX0MHktL-eQ"]YouTube - PuNCrX D-16 SOHC ALL MOTOR[/URL]

oh i can do it that way then, i know how to do that, i got photobucket sonnn! lol. naw i see other people putting in attachments on their posts, that's why i thought you had to do it that way. yeah i can upload them tonight or whatever and get it done no problemo

sorry been busy with fam visiting and also trying to figure out the dilemma with my tint. in the pics i'm gonna post, i didn't have tint. anyways, i don't like what i got, so i'm paying a little extra to get it redone. i got 18% and it's too dark for me. both at night looking out and on the outside, it doesn't look good at all in my opinion. i'm getting it redone so i'm trying to figure out exactly what i want to go with this time. you guys have any suggestions? pics? thanks man

sorry it took so long, had family in town for my cousin's wedding, but here ya go...

the first picture is with my recent tint job and taken with a crappy cell phone, i'm getting it re-tinted lighter soon. the rest are before my tint job...

Photo-0194.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg