D16y8 n/a build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It doesn't make sense to you. No offense or anything bro it has been done. multiple times.

picked up a set of 90-93 gsr wheels today. The tires are going to be dismounted tomorrow so they can be sanded down and painted black. $60 without tires due to curb rash. I happen to have a set of 4 tires that fit these wheels waiting to be mounted as well.

new to the site got some questions about my swap got a 00 civic ex d16y8 going to a b18c were is the best to go in this website to ask. Thanks for any and all help

dude there is a search bar in the top left hand corner of the screen. Besides I am pretty sure for that swap all you are going to need is the engine, tranny, and 1 integra mount. I believe the back mount. The stock civic mounts bolt up. Check to make sure. I stuck with a d-series motor. By the way is that a manual y8? If so if you are willing to sell it I would like to buy your ecu.

i built a n/a d about 7 years ago, cost $3500 in porting-polishing, cam, 11somthing to 1 pistons, eagle rods, balancing, obd1 harness,hondata s100, $400 extra for tuning. and put down 168 to the wheels. i was pissed.

I feel bad man that does suck for sure. That is a ton of work for such little power. But unfortunely that's how our underdog motors go man. But 168 horses does seem low. I have heard of mini me motors that put down 150 something with a full exhaust and a cai with a bit advanced timing complete stock block and head. Which motor did you build though?

Anyone know if the ecu code 37820 p2p a12 is auto or manual? I can't find it anywhere including the reference materials section on here. I tried googling sites with lists of honda ecus and couldn't find many that were detailed past the 3 middle letters/numbers.

By the way if anyone ever wants to buy parts from Prostreetonline.com I wouldn't suggest it. I have had a pretty bad experience buying my cam gear from them. There website said nothing more than approved as the status of my item for the first 2 weeks after I ordered it. So I called them exactly two weeks after considering ground shipping is supposed to take 4-7 days. They were closed so I left a message. Never heard back, e-mailed them got 1 reply then nothing. Finally talked to someone about it 3 weeks to the day after ordering it and he tells me it was back ordered for 3 weeks and will ship out that day, mentioning it will arrive early the next week. Well here it is headed to Friday of the next week 1 month and a day since ordering the cam gear and still have yet to recieve it. Not to mention my account was charged the day I ordered the cam gear. I called again today only to leave a message again because they were closed again. Frankly I am getting very annoyed. This is pretty much the last thing I need to be able to get my civic back on the road without blowing it up the first week. Plan on buying an ecu this weekend after I cash my check, as well as finishing sanding and painting the gsr wheels and taking them to work to mount my tires.

Last edited:
I feel bad man that does suck for sure. That is a ton of work for such little power. But unfortunely that's how our underdog motors go man. But 168 horses does seem low. I have heard of mini me motors that put down 150 something with a full exhaust and a cai with a bit advanced timing complete stock block and head. Which motor did you build though?
dont get me wrong, id smoke gsrs w i h e all day, but when i built my b20 having 100 more whp for the same price and could eat z28s and any other civic around here including 2 or 3 boosted ones, i was happy.

Yeah but this build was all about budget. I found the entire motor including every accessory, most of the motor mounts, with the complete d15b7 I bought with 85,000 miles. The motor was clean as hell and I got it for $250. I am about to sell the head to make some of my money back. But I think it was a pretty solid deal for a motor that I finally got running two days ago. I am having some strange issues though..I have an erratic idle everytime I push in the clutch from 1,000 rpm to like 2,000 rpm. Also my timing belt seems to slip closer to falling off the cam gear, to the point where it has rubbed up against the timing cover multiple times...has anyone else had this issue? Either of them? Also I need to go through my suspension and tighten all the front end components. Something is shifting around turns and making a pretty ugly sound.

so think I figured out what was up with the suspension being loose, and the timing belt is not slipping anymore. I think my plan is to try and talk the mechanic at my 2nd job into tuning the fuel pressure for me. I could do it but I don't have a gauge. I decided to throw the best two eagle gt tires I had on the wheels, and buy two tires from work for the front.

got the tires, new front struts, pacesetter header is in and installed. stock exhaust pulled.my cousin happens to be a welder so he is gonna do the rest of the exhaust custom. 2" all the way back. I had read somewhere 2" is close to the ideal size for an exhaust for the 1.5 liter blocks..Don't quote me on that though. Also plan on ordering adjustable ball joints for the front, and the rear shocks and mounts in a a couple more weeks. May also need to pick up a rear camber kit. Anyone have any suggestions for any of the parts? besides the shocks. wanna match the front kyb's.

Also anyone have an opinion on tein's s-tech springs? I want a stiffer ride than my coilovers provide. I have heard some good things about these springs on civics but I figured I'd ask.

S.Tech is usually set up to be a comfortable drop spring without too much focus on an aggressive spring rate. They're a very good budget spring for a good lowering job, but I wouldn't get them if you want a much stiffer ride. At least go with Eibach Pro-Kits or something.

I had been looking at Eibach as well. Any clue on the exhaust sizing for the 1.5 and 1.6's? Thanks for your suggestion though. This is kind of my first dive into a major suspension overhaul. I'm going to sound like a noob when asking this but what are the benefits of aftermarket LCA's?

Lighter mass, more mounting points for things like sway bars if you didn't have them already, camber correction etc. Most people really don't need them and just buy them for the bling factor.

Exhaust- what kind of power are you looking for? For an N/A build, I'd recommend 2.5".

probably just N/A I don't need too much power for now. the suspension, and brakes are going to be upgraded long before I go forced induction.

Last edited:
Header installed, exhaust should be mocked up possibly tacked together this weekend. Decided to go 2" all the way back. If it's not quiet enough with the lame turbo xs muffler I decided to try out anyone have any suggestions? I want power obviously but I'm so sick of hearing the fart can sound after every civic drives by. I want mine to purr quietly, hopefully nicely sounding. Struts may be thrown in this weekend as well.

Magnaflow- large muffler, large resonator. They're about the quietest straight-through mufflers you can get added on to existing piping.

You could also get a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler- they're cheap and still flow very well in an S-curve configuration.

Back