d16z6 swap question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racapozzi

ok I have a 89 CRX hf and am swapping a d16z6 in it. I have researched this quite a bit and never have heard of swapping sensors from the old motor to the new. Its suposedly called a coolant temp sensor and I was told you had to take the old sensor off the d15b8(hf motor) and put it in the d16z6(ex motor). Is this true? Can someone clarify for my. I've purchased the obd0-obd1 conversion harness from rywire and am using obd0 injectors, obd1 dizzy and ecu, and hf harness. Any/all replies are greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,
Tony

it is not the coolant temp sensor - it is the cooling fan switch - the OBD0 engines have the cooling fan switch on the back of the block just above the oil filter - 2-wire connector with big rubber boot on it - the OBD1 engines had the cooling fan switch on the thermostat housing - you could remove the bolt on the back of the Z6 block and install the switch from the HF or you can extend the wires a little, cut the connector for the one at the thermostat housing off the Z6 harness and solder it on to the HF harness

Back