d16z6 swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

boostfreak 417

hi im doing a d16z6 into my std ef civic, i was just wanting to know if i should just use all my obd1 wiring harness for the z6 or just use the dpfi to mpfi conversion and the jumper, i didnt know if it effected the power of motor using that tho. if there is someone out there who could help i appreciate it thanks

it shouldn't effect power by just using the conversion and the jumper but i would rather use the obd1 wiring harness but it's all about what your able to do and what you are working with, both will get the job done tho.

lord. i love people aimlessly posting incorrect information. you cannot use the obd1 harness, that's not even an option. it physically cannot plug into your obd0 cabin harness that comes into the engine bay. you have to use the stock harness and convert it to mpfi. then get yourself an odb0-obd1 jumper with vtec/4-wire o2 subharness, and a p28.

there is also a thermostat sensor you have to splice into that is on side of the block near the thermostat instead of the back of the block. Make sure to use an OBD1 distributor too.

i got everything out of my brothers 95 coupe so i think ill be good, thanks for the help. has anyone did the ecu jumper harness? is it hard to hook up.

double-posting pwns you :p

jk. the ecu jumper isn't hard to hook up. you literally plug one side into your cabin harness, and the other side into your ecu. thats it. then run the vtec/4-wire o2 subharness into the engine bay.

i am looking into this similar swap for my 88 ED6 std. what year is yours? i would like to see what other parts you needed for this swap:D

1. start your own thread

but at least some info into the post.

you will at least need an engine and different transmission since the spline count is different.
for ease of reading
Z6 engine
89+ honda D series transmission, keep it under 92 it will be cable and easier to install
new axles for it
89-91 dx/si/ex knuckles + brakes or you could us 90-93 Da integra knuckles and brakes

and then the obd1 conversion and the dpfi to mpfi

you may be able to get away without the axles and knuckles though, I havent messed with and STD from 88.

reading the FAQ section may help sort things out.

just remembered.
i believe the 88 transmission can still be used, just have to keep the same clutch flywheel setup on the original engine, but you'll be stuck with a 4 speed though

just remembered.
i believe the 88 transmission can still be used, just have to keep the same clutch flywheel setup on the original engine, but you'll be stuck with a 4 speed though

gracias;)

Btw, don't forget you have to change the driver's side mount on your new motor from your old motor. :)

checkout your grounds and fuses, also be sure the alternator isn't grounding out on something. make sure your battery still has a decent charge.

Back