D16z6

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

shorty0o29

Is it possible to get say 160 or more horses with out changing pistons and other internals. mabey even get 150 to the wheels. Also is it had to change a cam? Could an averge person that knows a little about engines do it?

With a helms, you can change a cam in no time...as for an z6 putting 150 + to the wheels, I/H/E won't do it, you will need a cam, an adjusted cam gear, rods, pistons, new engine :)

A greddy turbo kit would get you to around 160 whp maybe a little more...with good tuning atleast

Most cams like the skunk2's recommend you changing out your springs and retainers,since your stock units are not going to be happy at the higher rpms,but yes adding around 50whp is very possible.

You can find ZC pistons relatively cheap, should give you about 12-15 hp. Take off your ac, get a D16Y8 head gasket ( it's about half the size of the Z6) get a few small bolt ons, intake, exhaust, 160 easy.

Originally posted by red95solsi@Jan 27 2003, 10:05 PM
taking off the ac doesnt do a damn thing

if you remove the AC system you are getting rid of at least 50 lbs of worthless weight and taking away a belt that is causing drag on the engine (even when its "free wheeling" its still added drag)

how exactly will this have no effect on performance??

id take it off if you are lookin for those extra horses, or atleast take of you belt, will give you about 5 hp, if you really wanna get serious, talk it all out for less weight as noted above

how much would a D16Y8 head gasket run? I have the same engine as this guy and looking for the same amount of power. Would this basic list be correct?

Cams
Pistons(springs & retainers)
Y8 head gasket
I/H/E

and is that it?

Originally posted by 4doors4life@Jan 28 2003, 03:31 PM
how much would a D16Y8 head gasket run? I have the same engine as this guy and looking for the same amount of power. Would this basic list be correct?

Cams
Pistons(springs & retainers)
Y8 head gasket
I/H/E

and is that it?

yep that's a start .

I tried that site lookin for some ZC pistons but no luck...any other sites that would have em?

Back