DA Header swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DA16killer

question would i want to buy a DC header for my 90 integra or would i want it for the first gen B16a (del sol) motor that i have swapped into it? i wanted to go one piece ceramic.​
thanks​

any b-series header will bolt up, they all use the same flange. however the header you need is dictated by the ecu setup you use. if you indeed have a obd0 b16 (which is the first gen, not the del sol b16, which was the second gen, and would be obd1) then you'll need a obd0 header with two O2 bungs.
if you have an obd1 setup from that del sol, then yes you can buy a header for the del sol. this header will have a single O2 bung near the cat.

or you can just buy the obd0 header and if you dont need teh other o2 bung, put a bolt in it.. :D

you could, but i doubt the thing would run very well. as the two o2 bungs are in the primaries on the obd0 header, and in the collector on the obd1 version. seeing only one pair of cylinders exhaust pulses might cause problems when it's expecting to see all four. you'd need to extend the wiring also to reach the front of the engine, but i'm pretty sure he's got an obd1 setup, as the del sol never came in an obd0 variant.

my engine is actually the obd0 version. i was mistaken when i said it was the del sol motor. thats what everyone has been telling me (that it was from the del sol but i always second guessed it). DC does make an obd0 header correct? cause ive been checkin online and i cant seem to find anything that states wheather or not its OBD0 or 1.

Back