Daily driver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bah, fine i try and be helpful and all you young kids want to take out loans, go'head piss all your money away and live in debt ;)

haha B i considered a 240sx, found one sometime right after I met TPP during the winter. Nissan wanted 7000 bucks for a 92? i believe it was. Yeah you can imagine what I told them to do with their 240sx for that price.

i paid 500 + my old rpf1's for the 240. it eats at least twice as much gas as the honda... i'd say im getting 15-18 mpg tops

right now, with as much city driving and delivering I get mostly between 22-25 mpg. I've yet to see 30 mpg highway on this car.

Sure if you can afford it get the 99 lx, it's great daily driver.

how many miles you got on your Si?

Originally posted by xyswany@May 3 2004, 05:31 PM
bah, fine i try and be helpful and all you young kids want to take out loans, go'head piss all your money away and live in debt ;)

bah. I'm almost 22 and I'm not a kid. Plus I'm not in debt. I make plenty of money for it.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@May 3 2004, 05:52 PM
Then quit complaining about gas mileage.

Damn you're one cranky fucker... Do you wake up every morning and think "i'm going to be a dick on the intardnet today" ? :p

This isn't about gas mileage is about mileage and overall cost in general. However the reason this thread exists is because I wanted to find out if the LXs were even decent cars, any problems or whatnot? I knwo Honda quality is all top notch but that's not always the case.

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 3 2004, 06:45 PM-->
@May 3 2004, 05:31 PM

bah. I'm almost 22 and I'm not a kid. Plus I'm not in debt. I make plenty of money for it.

I use the word "kid" freely, hell I’m 21 ;) I just hate to see people taking out loans for everything when it isn’t necessary. If you have excess money why not save it up and buy a house? It would be a much wiser investment.

because I want to wait for a while to get a house...I want to build my own house as well. something in the 130k range. Right now...I'm more worried about being a kid...doing teenager shit with my money because I never had fun with my money when I had no bills.

130k? ok.. that will get you a 1 room shack here. lol

having 2 cars is great.

having 2 that run at the same time.... priceless

lol 130k is a 2 bedroom/2 bath, full kitchen, deck 2 car garage and a front porch up here. At least here in New Haven, Ft Wayne homes are 230k+ for that.

But yeah...so you think 4500 for a 99 LX with 110k miles on it is decent then? I can get pics of the car.

Originally posted by revolution8k+May 3 2004, 05:22 PM-->
Loco Honkey
@May 3 2004, 04:20 PM
Do what E did... buy an Insight, figure out a way for it to pay for itself, then turbocharge it to make it more fuel efficient.

I'm on the same path with a Metro.  :) 

BTW- you Honda girlies have no shit to talk about mileage.  I spend $45/ week on gas while commuting about 15 miles a day to work and back.  My trip this past weekend to CT cost me ~$65 in gas.

Buy a $4500 car or a $20000+ car? hmmm...gee which one do you think I can afford to finance? lol

E bought his Insight used for around $10K. Why not look for an old VX hatch? Or a younger HX coupe, and then there are those old HF crx's too... but a VX would be my first choice of the three previous gens.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 3 2004, 06:09 PM
130k? ok.. that will get you a 1 room shack here. lol

having 2 cars is great.

having 2 that run at the same time.... priceless

uhmmmmm...

4 cars and haveing one car running is ok, two cars running is cool, 3 cars up and running would be fun...

..all 4 cars running...heaven

Plus from the houses I'm looking at, I'd be lucky to get in the 100K area...Bad credit Ownz3 me :(

Well, I say get the damn civic, I am looking at one too, because my fucking Jeep is sucking gas like a hooker on a dick, a lot. My SI is with my fiance` right now, so I need a better daily driver than my freaking Wrangler. To make it worse the car is a four banger and I get like 11 miles to the gallon. I don't care if I make decent money, I still don't want to pay $100 a week in gas when I only have to pay 40 or so. I am not cheap, but if I want to pay for 11 miles a gallon I want 600 HP and a 14 inch lift, with 44 in. tires, sorry.

watch the papers I've seen many ads for 92-95ish civics with 90-120K miles on them for under 2K the ads list in great cond

I saw a 95LX with 115K miles for 2,499.99 in the paper today

I love how people will spend 5K for a car that gets better MPG just so they can save a few hundred bucks on gas a year =) wait never mind I take that back you have to factor in insurance....

I think a Civic SI would make a great daily driver
BTW I always put the cheapest gas in my civic when it was all motor

it never pinged so F it

Right now I shop for the cheapest gas. Marathon went down to 1.99 for 93 octane so I jumped on it. Speedway carries only 92 premium, Lassus BP has 93 but it's usually the most expensive out of those three.

Originally posted by jeffie7@May 3 2004, 07:54 PM

I love how people will spend 5K for a car that gets better MPG just so they can save a few hundred bucks on gas a year =) wait never mind I take that back you have to factor in insurance....

:werd: I couldn't agree more. I was thinking about how driving my crx saves some money in gas from driving the truck. But from what I save its not worth to keep the crx just for that reason.

Sorry, but I am hood rich, and I wouldn't drive a rusted, banged up 88 CRX, with 50,000 miles on it because it got good gas mileage, I still want to look nice.

Originally posted by revolution8k@May 3 2004, 07:56 PM
Right now I shop for the cheapest gas. Marathon went down to 1.99 for 93 octane so I jumped on it. Speedway carries only 92 premium, Lassus BP has 93 but it's usually the most expensive out of those three.

You really need an EG Si... I feed mine 87 octane and she's content with that diet. :)

Back