Daily driver?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the b16 will be fine on 91... i fed my d- block 89 and he 240 eats 87 like i eat, well, food

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 3 2004, 07:07 PM
the b16 will be fine on 91... i fed my d- block 89 and he 240 eats 87 like i eat, well, food

yeah but I got 93 octane cheaper than I could get 91-92 so I took it :)

Originally posted by Frankie P.@May 3 2004, 08:00 PM
Sorry, but I am hood rich, and I wouldn't drive a rusted, banged up 88 CRX, with 50,000 miles on it because it got good gas mileage, I still want to look nice.

Well I park my crx in a shit neighborhood at work. I don't like leaving my truck there because some crack heads tried breaking into it. Until I put the flat black on my crx there were three guys who were tyring to steal it. They know that we watched the cars like hawks so they eventually gave up. Once the flat black came on the car no one has tried to steal it.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@May 3 2004, 05:37 PM
Sure if you can afford it get the 99 lx, it's great daily driver.

how many miles you got on your Si?

HOLY THREAD FROM THE DEAD BATMAN!!!

Ok so now that this is outta the way...

I never saw this post.... as of tonight the Si has 49,67x miles on it, 230 from my non-powertrain warrenty expiration.

I went and looked at the 99 LX again, it's actually 4900 dollars and isn't in bad shape at all. The other night, I dunno how, but I spotted a black 5 speed EK hatch in DX sittin on another lot (there's like 22 used lots in this city) so I went in to take a look at it today and asked the sales guy a couple of questions.

Here's the DX...

s40a07b96e09d9.jpg

I looked in, 5 sp, no tach, nice interior, stock radio... 222 thousand miles!! wtf?? The guy told me they wanted 4500 for it...fuck that I'll offer him 2k if I go back.

But anyway, I think this 99 LX auto is a better deal, it's already got a cd player in it and it has half the mileage. (although twice of the Si)

s40a07b8d86485.jpg

I still want/need another car although I've decided to build a spare block and drop it in the Si when done (kinda like B sorta...)

i dont really see the means for spending thousands on a new car just to save gas. its really not worth it IMHO. just work with what you have, and save yourself the loan.

be easier on the pedal if its that scary. ive got all these mods done to my 1.5 and i still get over 300 miles in a tank, 11 gallon tank. does the extra cam really hurt all that much?

feel for the idiots who have the big suvs and vans. they are the ones spending upwards of 30 bucks to fill their tanks. what me and you, and just about everyone else on this site that has a 4-cylinder... doesnt really have anything to complain about. B)

EDIT: on another note, one of the local mom and pop stealerships around here has a EBP 99 Si (stock) with 120k miles for 7800. :unsure: looks to be in great shape.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 11 2004, 09:16 AM
they are the ones spending upwards of 30 bucks to fill their tanks. what me and you, and just about everyone else on this site that has a 4-cylinder... doesnt really have anything to complain about. B)

Only $30? Try upwards of $50! Shit, I'm spending $30 per tank, give or take a few bucks, and I have a four cylinder too!

for some reason I can be easy on the car and still only get 22-25 mpg city/highway combined.

sounds to me like you want the LX pretty bad!! everytimr someone suggest something to you, you compare it to the LX and keep saying how good of a deal it would be

just go get the damn LX allready!!!! :p

get the lx. awesome price y0.

and since it's white, i'll take your front bumper, fenders, hood, and headlights to swap with mine.

only downside is that the trim isn't painted, it's an auto (duh), no sunroof, and 107 hp gutless wonder.

still, for the price, it's at least a decent investment. you can always resell it locally or on ebay for more cash.

You have a 5th gen sedan? I wouldn't mind a new set of fenders, bumper and hood to change out with mine... plus mine's white too.

:lol:

Id look for something like a 88-91 HB/CRX or 92-95 Sedan if thats what you want... The newer the car the higher insurance is...

haha yeah the downside is the auto and I don't believe it had a sunroof (doubt it did but don't remember) I do like that it's a four door, so its easier to store stuff in the backseat and remember it's there.

I don't even have the car and people want to gut it :p

I'm just lookin for something to throw mileage on so I can play with the Si, shave this, modify that, etc.

Only the EX coupe/sedan and the Si hatch had sunroofs in the 5th gen Civics.

Really? I didn't know that...but now I do... however, a 99 LX is a 6th gen...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 11 2004, 08:43 PM
don't spend more than 2k on a beater

Ditto! Hit the classifieds and find a nice private party car... don't buy from a dealer.

He just wants to spend lots of money on something he does not need
and never save any gas money

Jeffie. you queer biting monkey fucker.

How would I not save any money by paying 20 cents less per gallon filling up 2 times a week? Are you a mite retarded?

Not only that, when I get done building my b16 turbo...I'm going to need to drive something for the few days it's going to take me to drop this in and make sure it's tuned/working properly...then I'm going to need a car anyway for a daily driver because there's no way in hell I'm going to drive the Si back and forth to work...because of you guessed it! shittier gas mileage.

fuckin asshat.

Back