Datsun

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

hi, i know that this is a honda forum but ever since i saw my friends 13b rev over 9000rpm STOCK i knew i had to get one. I am looking for a 70s Datsun 510 that has a 13b, i dont care if it works or not b/c my friend knows how to repair them. I live in NC so if you live in SE United States i would really appreciate any help. Thanks

Good luck- those are going to be a little hard to find, especially on a Honda board.

Know this- the shaft RPM of a Wankel engine is 3 times the speed of the rotor's RPM... plus there are fewer moving parts in a Wankel, so 9000rpm really isn't all that hard.

And... I think all 510s that have 13Bs in them are swapped already, aren't they? I thought that the 510 never came with a rotary.

Originally posted by Calesta@Mar 12 2003, 03:19 AM

And... I think all 510s that have 13Bs in them are swapped already, aren't they? I thought that the 510 never came with a rotary.

I think it was first availible in the 84-85 rx-7's.The 510 originally came with the L16.

All I know is every time I go to Bithlo or Moroso it's the Datsun 510's which are spankin the hondas. And good luck finding one.

ya man i love the datsuns there just show stoppers there amazingly loud there so quick when i first saw them i knew i had to have one but i juss still cant find one theres a few at the junkyards down here in miami but i think ill concentrate on my crx for now

Originally posted by KrUsHa@Mar 12 2003, 03:43 AM
ya man i love the datsuns there just show stoppers....

Show stoppers??? :huh:

MY%205106.jpg

If I find a 510 that was in good condition I would think about selling the rex for it.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Mar 11 2003, 08:36 PM-->
@Mar 12 2003, 03:19 AM

And... I think all 510s that have 13Bs in them are swapped already, aren't they?  I thought that the 510 never came with a rotary.

I think it was first availible in the 84-85 rx-7's.The 510 originally came with the L16.

:slap:

Brain fart... Mazda was the only car company to run a Wankel in a passenger can from the factory... and the 510 was not ever made by Mazda. Of course they never came with Wankels... DUH!

:slap: on me. :kick: too, but the first guy can have that one. :lol:

Back