Dead block pics, Rollerwaves = boom

?

• Holy shit that looks like hell&#

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

phunky.buddha

Mad scientist
VIP
Check it out everyone... if some of you have heard the rumors of my new block build screwing up, here's the proof. These are pictures that I took yesterday of my block and pistons. Take note that the engine was only running for 3000 miles. That's it.

First link = Dead block pictures

Second link = Import Builders Super Duper vs Endyn Rollerwave

The links aren't TOO 56k unfriendly, but they are 2MB for the first link and 1MB for the second. Just give it some time to load.

Discuss... what are your thoughts?

:)

Wow...

Just wow.

Does IB offer any "Super Duper" pistons without the sharp edges?

block def needs work....why dont you dec it to put less stress on the sidewalls....lol jk, pistons are nice. the higher the wrist pin, the better. the less angle on the rod, the better.

Except not, as the angle on the rod decreases torque production decreases.

damn dude, that sucks big time! is there any chance that there is a problem wit your sleeves that may cause this to happen? guess its time for a new plan huh? those IB spec's sure look purty :p

mvwnos- huh?

Eric- not necessarily. The angle on the rod decreases, which is good for revving, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you get less torque. Sure, you lose some piston speed, but you also pick up some more dwell time at TDC and BDC. More dwell time means that you can fill the cylinder better with more air and fuel, which leads to more energy released on combustion because of more reactants and therefore more power... but then again, you have to optimize the engine a little differently too.

The sharp edges on the IB pistons aren't really that big of a deal- you can smooth them out before you assemble the engine. I just like how Larry (Endyn) takes care of that for you without you having to guess at how much to remove.

Mike,

I didn't think it was that bad when you told me about it...

Intercrew must love you by now, you're probably their best customer.

Oh well, get it fixed and give me a ride in the beast next time you're in town :)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 18 2003, 03:24 PM
just dump a can of "Block Restore" in that shit you'll be fine ;)

:bo:

that sucks man! :(
i wanted to see that monster with headwork done.
you seem to be taking it well though, i'm sure these mishaps are not cheap.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin+Dec 18 2003, 06:11 PM-->
that sucks man.....
Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@ Dec 18 2003, 06:11 PM
that sucks man.....

Yup. You were one of the few people who got to ride around in it too. Oh well, lucky you. ;)

Originally posted by E_SolSi@ Dec 18 2003, 06:24 PM
just dump a can of "Block Restore" in that shit you'll be fine

:werd:

I wish it was that easy... :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@ Dec 18 2003, 07:00 PM
boost it. fuck this all motor blowing up shit

Nah, last time was me being stupid. This time was just getting too aggressive with the piston choice. Put the wrong kind of pistons in your engine because Larry says it's ok for street use, and I guarantee that the engine failure will look 10 times worse under boost. Boost costs too much for me anyway... I'd rather save up for a new car and just finish this one all motor.

:)

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@ Dec 18 2003, 07:01 PM
so....in layman's terms...

how did you blow ur engine?

Wrong kind of pistons, that is all.

B16
@ Dec 18 2003, 08:26 PM
that sucks man!
i wanted to see that monster with headwork done.
you seem to be taking it well though, i'm sure these mishaps are not cheap.

It'll get there, don't worry. And don't worry- it costs me a lot less than you might think.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

how the fuck does it actually cause that kind of damage? ring but putting out enough pressure and just letting the piston slam the wall?? Rod angle too extreme for the ring load???

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Dec 18 2003, 10:52 PM
how the fuck does it actually cause that kind of damage? ring but putting out enough pressure and just letting the piston slam the wall?? Rod angle too extreme for the ring load???

I'm not too sure. Larry over at Endyn says that the bore must have been sized wrong, but it checked out at the machine shop just fine. I don't know.

The rod angle is actually better than my old B20 build, so I don't see how that would matter. The rings actually sealed better than the old ones, so that can't be the problem either. I really think that the short skirts let the piston rock around in the bore too much...

that sucks man, hope everything works out with the next motor.

as a side note buddy of mine sent Larry his block for complete rebuilding, sleeves, rods and pistons, etc.. short version: after about 5k his rod went right through the block, not saying that it can't happen but me personally I just don't consider larry a choice for engine building.

but best of luck man.

Originally posted by h22bubbleback+ Dec 18 2003, 11:15 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 18 2003, 07:00 PM
boost it. :) fuck this all motor blowing up shit :)

:withstupid:

That would require a new block and a new sleeve. I'm not running boost with an 86mm bore, and I'm not shelling out the cash to "do it right".

Originally posted by JDMilan@ Dec 19 2003, 12:24 AM
that sucks man, hope everything works out with the next motor.

as a side note buddy of mine sent Larry his block for complete rebuilding, sleeves, rods and pistons, etc.. short version: after about 5k his rod went right through the block, not saying that it can't happen but me personally I just don't consider larry a choice for engine building.

but best of luck man.

Thanks Milan. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about sending an entire engine to Larry to be built- just the pistons. I've heard tons of mixed things about Larry, and experienced quite a range of stuff too.

statiksol
@ Dec 19 2003, 12:41 AM
are you sure there wasn't anything wrong with your oiling system?

Yes, I'm sure. <_<

Back