Deal or no deal?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yea that's what I thought, so I called the guy earlier today and he said it runs perfect no problems at all, just the hood's a tad crooked in the front, couple small tears on the inside, speedo is off sometimes, no biggie I'm cool with that. Said he drove it daily while he was in college for 2 years with zero problems :).

He's asking $2000 but I know it'll go quick so I told him I'd give him $2100 if he can hold it for me til saturday since I have to drive about 100 miles to get it IF the test drive feels right.

A little moisture in the basement, Dacheat?

damn skippy.

the only thing keeping me from having a garage full of rex goodness on a grand scale is the half a mil i'd need to buy the house w/the 5 car garage i'd need to keep them all in. :D

and yeah i'd add that red one to the pile, it looks like very little intensive work required.

WTF a car like that goes for $5k+ around here... Jump all over that thing. The only time I've seen a rex that clean in person is the rex we have at my work. The thing has 400 miles on it and not a scratch.

Well I called the guy again and this time he said he gunned it once and there's a tiny bit of black smoke from the exhaust only at higher rpms...still worth it for a daily driver?

If it needs a head gasket change or a valve job I don't exactly have the time or money.

yeah id still check it out when you test drive it gun it your self and have a feel

damn skippy.

the only thing keeping me from having a garage full of rex goodness on a grand scale is the half a mil i'd need to buy the house w/the 5 car garage i'd need to keep them all in. :D

and yeah i'd add that red one to the pile, it looks like very little intensive work required.

Shit, I wouldn't even buy a house. I'd take a medium warehouse and build a loft in it. Plenty of room for lots of old hondas... and maybe a couple datsun/nissans ;x.

Shit you can get a clean b16 swapped crx in need of a valve job for $2500-3000 in Texas :D.

I damn near got my hands on a jdm b20b swapped crx si...everything about the car was FLAWLESS swap looked like it came from the factory that way and was selling for only $2500 because the guy had no time to work on it. I called 1 day too late...I would've found a way to get another $500 and tell him to hold it for me for $3,000 for a day or so, so that I could call in sick and pick it up :).

But either way, if this car is burning oil I don't think I'll buy it. If it was a tiny amount of smoke, his friend wouldn't have seen it from the passenger mirror while sitting in it. Gotta go see what's up, he says it runs strong all the time tho so we'll see.

Last edited:
Back