Decisions.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punx04

my new little si engine needs a plan, i want to to know wut i should start building for, turbo or supercharger. what do u think? and is it low compression or high compression for a supercharger?

Originally posted by punx04@Jan 5 2003, 03:22 AM
my new little si engine needs a plan, i want to to know wut i should start building for, turbo or supercharger. what do u think? and is it low compression or high compression for a supercharger?

turbo and supercharger will basically be the sme build (low comp pistons).. what yr si you have? if its a sohc.. just save for a b-series.. unless you dont mind making no more then 250-270 to the wheels in a tuboed with built internals.

your pistons are high comp and cam is for na..

alright, yes it is sohc but i got it for 100 dollars so i might as well use it and i don't car bout going to fast i would be happy with breaking 200hp in my crx, so with my si which should i go for, super or turbo? wut would help me the most? if u were i my shoes and u HAD TO HAVE MY ENGINE and u couldn't kill yourself wut would u do, turbo or super?

this is a project car and it's all i spend my money on so somewhat, but just answer the question saying i do have money.

Originally posted by punx04@Jan 5 2003, 09:50 AM
this is a project car and it's all i spend my money on so somewhat, but just answer the question saying i do have money.

If you had unlimited money complete rebuild then turbo.

so turbo over supercharger like no questions asked or is it a close decision?

Personaly i've been thinking about a supercharger,but you'd have better results and more tunability wtih a turbo.

cuz i live in san diego and they have an 1/8 mile track down here

A word of advice post this in the forced induction forum and you will get better results.

Originally posted by punx04@Jan 5 2003, 04:01 AM
thas a big desion but i'd rather have the bottom end torque than the top end speed

then supercharger.... supercharger = acceleration and turbo is top end.

Back