different crankshaft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lickety_slickjj

can i put a d15b crankshaft into a d16z6t with d16z6 turbo pistons if i use the d15b piston rods or the d16z6 piston rods. is it even plausible?

the d15 crankshaft will not* fit in there; has the smaller 45mm d15 main journal(d16 is 55mm). Also, the d15 has a shorter deck height, even if you're able to use the d15b crankshaft and rods, it will still net you ~9.2:1 CR with.high compression P29 pistons.

edited*

Last edited:
i also have a set of ycp 8:5:1 turbo pistons. i spun a bearing in the d16z6 and messed up my rod and crankshaft pretty bad so just seeing if it would work so i can get my car back on the road. and i have two d15b blocks ,one with a crankshaft and one with all the internals, but bad compression in #1 cylinder and smokes bad! any ideas on this i have other d16 rods but haven't got the d16 crankshaft yet. fist rebuild....

d15b-vtec blocks or d15b1,2, or 7? If it's a d15bx block, those pistons will work in there, but you'd have to keep the stock rods. Just fix the block that has bad compression; new rings+hone. If it's not that, try swapping the heads.

Back