dohc zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

driver1

does anyone know whether or not a dohc zc is an interference motor or non interference? and also do you know what they take for a timing belt, being that they were never sold here (i dont beleive) i need to know what to ask for for a timing belt when i go to buy one. Any info is appreciated

most honda, and other small engines for that matter are, replace the timing belt every so often to prevent this problem.

That is correct you need a t-belt from a 88 prelude 2.0 Whats funny though is when ever i post on this site its always to pimp out www.thezcr.com Tons of good info and people there much like this site. Good Luck.

Jeramy

Originally posted by cheese9988@Apr 16 2004, 06:58 PM
most honda, and other small engines for that matter are, replace the timing belt every so often to prevent this problem.

thanks for all the useful info cheeseball, i dont care about whether it should have been done, its not my car im asking for a freind and its to late now anyhow. If you dont have an answer to the question i posted simply do not post please. ANYHOW I havent really gotten a straight answer yet....does anyone know if the DOHC ZC is an interfernce motor or not?

Originally posted by thiebert@Apr 16 2004, 08:39 PM
my ZC is non interference. I found out first hand.

as u can see here you did not specify dohc or sohc so that is why i asked again, thanks. Oh and no I am not fucking stupid thanx

dohc is definitely interference. i had to replace bent valves when i got this motor because it was run nearly 180 out of timing.

Back