Ecu Pin Jumping?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sprfreek

Ok i've been searching for a while now and haven't found anything. Ok what my question is: How does this work now with using a paper clip to jump the ECU to set the ignition timing yourself with the distributor? where is it jumped? and what is the exact way of doing it? i have some idea but i'm not sure. This is for a 95 civic HB with a fully rebuilt 94 b18b1

I am not sure if it is different for your ECU, but for My OBD1 P72 and for the OBD1 PR4 I was running before I did not have to jumper anything to change the timing.

ok asked a round to some peopel that signed on ... yes there is a way to do it... and if your doing it the way i'm thinking .. the ECU is just resetting itself becasue ti thinks something is wrong

http://jdmfan.com/technical/performance/ad...advancedtiming/

there's a link that shows detailed instrustions and lets peopel know that the markings on the crank mean ....

being the domestic guy in the import world get's confusing

I have never had the ECU reset the timing. If I set it to 17 it is still at 17 when I come back two weeks later.

Sounds like a load of crap,if you advance via the distributor it shouldn't auto retard it.

posted from xsolidcellx (on honda-tech)
You dont have to but that will confuse the ecu. Ecu will think something stange is going on and compensate for it. Jumping it tells the ecu not to compensate for any timing changes. Jumping it is extra easy why skip this step? Its not hard to take a paper clip and stick it in the plug. Just do it right the first time and you'll feel better knowing it wasnt half-ass.

he said it the best .. i knew it did this ... i just didn't know the exact way on the pin jumping .. and no it's not a load of BS ... do some homework before you ranting

Originally posted by sprfreek@Feb 16 2003, 10:12 AM
posted from xsolidcellx (on honda-tech)
You dont have to but that will confuse the ecu. Ecu will think something stange is going on and compensate for it. Jumping it tells the ecu not to compensate for any timing changes. Jumping it is extra easy why skip this step? Its not hard to take a paper clip and stick it in the plug. Just do it right the first time and you'll feel better knowing it wasnt half-ass.

he said it the best .. i knew it did this ... i just didn't know the exact way on the pin jumping .. and no it's not a load of BS ... do some homework before you ranting

No one is ranting...read the first four words of the post "Don't have to but..." so chill out. ;)

Originally posted by sprfreek@Feb 16 2003, 12:08 PM
damn this is one chilled thread.... and hey i am chiulled out I'M IN BUFFALO!!!!!! it's -3

Damn,that is cold. :eek:

Mmmmm 60 degrees here.

So which plug do they claim you have to jump?

Originally posted by lsvtec@Feb 16 2003, 07:05 PM
Mmmmm 60 degrees here.

So which plug do they claim you have to jump?

First you suck for having 60 degree weather :lol:

This is the plug:

tshortecu.jpeg

the service connector.

60 was this morning, it's more like 65 or 70 now. :)

Thanks, I'll try it next time I set my timing and see if it makes a difference.

Back