ecu-vtec-injectors?? please reply

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jap-spec

I'm planning on getting a Ls b18b engine. I want to put a vtec head and turbo on it. What upgrade do i have to do to the ls ecu? I want the ecu to be able to make the vtec work and give the injector enough fuel to run my turbo. I have 450cc injector from my dsm 1g eclipse.

I would say either turbo or LSVTEC, not both. Combined it is very expensive when the LS motor is boost friendly already. For a little boost the LS or the GSR (I don't think the flow rates are different, but I am not sure without looking it up) will work fine. For a lot of boost I would reccomend getting a Hondata and tune the fuel and ignition curves.

VTEC is good for na high compression setups ... high compression is generally not a good thing with boost.... it can be done but will be far more expensive than going either route by itself and it will require almost OCD tuning and that gets $$$$$$$$$ real quick

also under high boost setups the VTEC lobe has wayyyy too much overlap and ends up loosing power so you'll just end up getting cams that basicly get rid of VTEC anyway

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Oct 21 2002, 02:08 PM
also under high boost setups the VTEC lobe has wayyyy too much overlap and ends up loosing power so you'll just end up getting cams that basicly get rid of VTEC anyway

Not really- if you know what you're doing. The VTEC lobe will still flow more air, so it will still make more power under boost than a non-VTEC engine.

You just have to be more careful about how you set the overlap. Cam gears become a necessity, not a luxury.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Oct 21 2002, 09:29 PM
You just have to be more careful about how you set the overlap. Cam gears become a necessity, not a luxury.

Yes.

Back