EK hatch for EG hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

$275 for webs is a good deal, at least to me. Webs go for $350 to $450 with tires in my area, it's crazy.

The going price for stuff like that varies by where you live. I paid $250 for a set of Si rims with shitty bald tires. Generally I think the LS webs are probably more desirable than a set of Si alloys, so if you can get them for $200 more power to you but I'll bet he will want more than that for them...

$275 for webs is a good deal, at least to me. Webs go for $350 to $450 with tires in my area, it's crazy.

Thanks for the information, guys. I tried to rep, but just like when Michael Jackson tried to touch the little Vietnamese boy in front of his parents, I was DENIED! :ph34r:

When the time comes I will be sure to not overpay for them for sure. In fact, $275 will be my cut off point.

I'm kind of torn between the two, though I tend to lean more towards the webs for my hatch and the Si's for my sedan, which already has rims. I have Rota N1R's on my sedan, which I wish to God I could find again, as when my car was stolen years ago, they were severely curb checked. The lip used to be red on them, but not on at least two. I have one spare that is in mint condition and may pay a guy to redo them all so that they look decent.

The freakin' guy that had the webs flaked out. Sonofa....

Anywho, I should probably make a post in the parts wanted section, but what the heck...

I'm in need of a manual cluster for my EK hatch (which isn't it actually an EJ?). If anyone has one please let me know. Also, if it's out of state, please let me know the price with shipping. Gracias. :D

Really?!?!?!? :eek: haha I've been to quite a few of them and no luck. In fact, finding Honda's all together with as much as the side mirrors, which I STILL need the driver's side mirror for my hatch, is something very rare to come by.

hmmm ill check some here for ya on mnday..one of my boys migt have one too im not sure...ill check on it for ya though

Hey thank,. INJEN. :thumbsup:

Well all, the hatch is up and running and WOW, is it in DAMN GOOD SHAPE! The conversion feels damn smooth. If you were to look at it, as we were looking at it under the hood yesterday, you can't tell it wasn't manual from the factory...which is the way it should be. EVERY single seal on the Y7 has been replaced. When we took the head off, it was in great shape! You can tell that everything was burning evenly and that there were no issues there. The headgasket had just gone a little bit bad on one spot. No big deal though. We replaced that along with the thermostat, started her up and she purred like a kitten.

We also replaced the rotors, master cylinder and my mechanic re-adjusted the rear brakes. It brakes better than my freakin' EG. The thing is swift, though I REALLY miss my Z6. You can definitely tell the difference in engines.

Here is the thing though, while I'm happy with the way everything went and looks...even if I don't have a manual cluster yet, it still gets me every time I look at it, as I just wish it were an EG hatch instead. *sigh* That part has me really bummed out.

I'm really happy with the results, just not with the style of the car. It would not be too hard to trade her for a white EG hatch that were in just as good condition.

Oh, just for shits and giggles, my mechanic got me a set of rims. They're 17's so they probably will not be permanent (probably being the operative word) but they look really good. I will be posting pics up whenever everything is said and done.

If anyone would like to smack the shit out of me for wanting to trade it, please feel free to do so. *sigh* It's like ALMOST having what you want and settling for something else. That's the way I feel right now. It's like I am almost happy.

I would never ever slap you for wanting something else. I sold my Integra and wish everyday I had never sold it. I was a dumb kid that didn't know anything about honda at the time and sold it because I wanted a nicer car. so I bought my civic. The joke was on me. My car now has less body damage but it doesn't have a sun roof, power windows or locks, two doors, torque, or a b18. lol

Aren't you glad we know more about things nowadays? I don't have as much experience as most of the guys on here have, but at least I'm not quick to do things without talking about them and thinking them out. The more I talk about my hatch, the more it does not make sense to get into something else.
After speaking with Calesta yesterday, he, like others, pointed out that swapping cars would put me behind in my primary project, which is my EG. The point has been sinking in over night. That's not to say that the thoughts of an EG hatch versus mine aren't there, but he does make a lot of sense.

honestly dude..you could probably find a clean eg hatch with no motor or whateve and trade it for your car and cash on their side...
thats what i would do if i was you..because id rather have an eg as well..
oh and i had no luck with the cluster..because the one i thought would have it had an explosion over the weekend(thats what happens when dumb people work around hazardous material!!)

That's not a bad idea, INJEN. Even if I had to put my engine into it for the time being. Damn it! I don't want to convert the freakin' thing to OBD2 though. Hell, I don't even understand how to convert mine to OBD1, simply because of my catalytic converter dilemma. Is it me or is the catalytic on the EK on the freakin' exhaust manifold? I've only looked under my car once, but I'll be damned if that doesn't look like the way it is.

Here are some pics of my EK:

H5.jpg

H1.jpg

H4.jpg

H3.jpg

H2.jpg

However, here is the thing AGAIN! I have the itch to trade her once again and this time the EG hatch I would be trading for is in BEAUTIFUL condition. It's gray, which I could deal with, but it already has the following done to it...

HID headlights
JDM fog lights
H&A suspension with camber kits
new brakes
new radiator
front Mugen spoiler
rear Type-R spoiler
spoon Carbon fiber wing
cold air intake

Ah hell, here are some pics of it....

Trade2.jpg

Trade3.jpg

Trade1.jpg

I swear, if this one does not go through, I am going to get a Y8 off a guy that I know, which already has some head work done to it, swap it into my hatch and make myself happy, damn it! haha

His does not come with the rims and truthfully, I don't care as I have a set of rims for my EK that I have yet to put on. They're very nice and depending on what ends up happening with either or, you guys will get to see them in the near future. :D

nice.id trade for that eg hatch,,yours looks to be in real nice condition...
either way keep us posted

Thanks man. It is in good condition, except for the simple fact that the :fucktard: who painted it from red to white, did a not so great job. Some of the paint is flaking off under the hatch and it does have a dent on the passenger side. Also the headliner needs to be replaced and ooooh, the drivers side visor. We all know how much those things affect performance. :rolleyes: Either way, you can bet that I will keep you guys updated.

Damn, Luis! I'm lovin your EK. Its nice and clean, stock looking. A good start.

That EG would be a great start as well, I'd probably do it if he will go straight across. Provided that everything is mechanically sound.

Damn, Luis! I'm lovin your EK. Its nice and clean, stock looking. A good start.

That EG would be a great start as well, I'd probably do it if he will go straight across. Provided that everything is mechanically sound.

*smiles* Thanks man. The price was VERY right on it too. :D I am just in freakin' love with the EG body style. It's as if I ALMOST have what I want and if this doesn't go through, I'm going to do my best to make myself love my freakin' EK. haha

IF the deal goes through, with all the things he has done to it already, I will have a GREAT head start on it and it will save me a LOT of money down the road.

Sonofa...the guy who has the sweet EG I posted called me today asking for more of my EK's pics. This throws my plans for a loop somewhat, as I had already found lights, a cluster, IM and a Y8 head that has been port and polished already.

The good thing is, I haven't bought anything for my EK...yet. I swear, this guy has until Friday...maybe...DAMN IT!

Back