Ek Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bigtattoo4

:worthy: I have a 1997 Honda Civic HX, and I have a 2000 Honda Civic SI engine that I will be replacing it with. I have no idea what
has to be done to convert my wiring harness for this swap. If you could help at all I would geatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Lance

they are both OBD2, so you shouldn't have any problems with your wiring harness. i know more about obd1 than 2, so if any of this is wrong, someoneplease correct me:

you will need to run a wire for a knock sensor

if i take all the pins out of my stock 1997 honda civic hx wiring harness and put them where they go on the 2000 honda civic si ecu and add the knock sensor wire will this be right tattoo4 :angry:

the civic si ecu is obd2b, not obd2a like your car is wired for. there are conversion harnesses for this.

this is off the topic you all are talkin about but i have a 89 crx and getting a 97 ex sohc and itll bolt up fine and tranny too but what about the wiring, doesnt it have to be wired up for vtec and how do i do that? thanks

this is off the topic you all are talkin about but i have a 89 crx and getting a 97 ex sohc and itll bolt up fine and tranny too but what about the wiring, doesnt it have to be wired up for vtec and how do i do that? thanks

Originally posted by bigtattoo4@Feb 18 2003, 01:27 AM
:worthy: I have a 1997 Honda Civic HX, and I have a 2000 Honda Civic SI engine that I will be replacing it with. I have no idea what
has to be done to convert my wiring harness for this swap. If you could help at all I would geatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Lance

:worthy: listen there are tons on kids on here doing swaps with b16a2 which is what 99-00si havs if you can get the motor harnesses off of one of them it would make it so much easier for you all you do is uplug the stock harnees from ecu feed it through the firewall install the b16a2 with the correct b16a2 harness and once again feed it back through the fire wall and plug it into the ecu its as eays as that all the rest of the harnesses are the same if you have any other questions feel free to email me at Poot9191@msn.com

Back