Ek Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

typeralph

I got a 97 civic hatch cx and the tranny is going out so I've deciced to do a swap.
im throwing in a b18c5 that im getting from a salvaged type r. I getting the whole thing. Just wondering what mounts and wiring ill have to get in order do do it. any problems that ill run into will help also.

use the mounts from a 99-00 Si
the ITR ones might work but im not sure
use the shift linkage for the 3rd gen integra
you will need to run the wires for VTEC
thats about it

:worthy: thanks for the info. I got the harness off the type r thats v tech. did I mention the type r is a 98. Im getting the axles and brakes and all do you know if the its going to change the width. for shits and giggles what times should i come up with at the track.

You can use the shiftlinkage from the ITR,if it has it.That's what I have and it is a nice feel.

Hmm... V-tech makes kids toys and houseware.

Your car has VTEC, and if you're going to swap this yourself, you'd best get your terminology correct before doing so.

The suspension should be a direct fit and bolt up. You may end up using your EK front upper control arms, but that's about it.
Also, since you're swapping suspension, the Type R is 5 lug, and your EK is 4 lug, so you'll need some new rolling stock.

As far as the engine is concerned, you'll need the engine, trans, starter, alternator, intake/exhaust manifolds, axles, mounts, ecu, engine harness, eveything possible that goes with that engine. While you're at it, you should snag the seats out of this salvaged Type R if possible, they are a nice upgrade as well.

Like the guy up above also said, you may need to use some hybrid 99-00 Civic Si mounts, depending how the engine fits in your car.

Hope this helped some. You may want to try and
main_48.gif

you can use your stock mounts all you have to change is your rear mount bracket to a 99-00 si bracket. i put an ls in my ek and this works fine. i suggest putting in some polyurethane mount inserts. B)

Originally posted by cvarg@Sep 29 2003, 04:23 AM
you can use your stock mounts all you have to change is your rear mount bracket to a 99-00 si bracket. i put an ls in my ek and this works fine. i suggest putting in some polyurethane mount inserts. B)

Seven months old dude.

Hey guys I just registered..

I also Have a 97 civic hatch with a 1500 SOHC non-vtec I couldnt afford the type-r motor but I got a B18c1 motor only no gearbox or ECU etc I'll be getting the rest of stuff this week. what should I look out for in terms of possible problems

esp. the mounts and axles and wiring.

what can be used from the existing engine?

Will ABS have to go etc?

Back