Ek wire tuck help!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GmodKid

I've been longing to do a wire tuck in my ek. Ive been doing research but haven't found anything specific to guide myself to. Anyone here done one? If you have. Help would be greatly appreciated!

I would pass on the tuck. All it does is lead to electrical gremlins shortly afterwards.

If this does not dissuade you, there's no right or wrong way to do it. It's a wire "tuck." You tuck the wires where they fit. I'm sure there are 100s of different ways to do it. Just have to do it the way that works best for your car.

If you must do it, at least don't cut corners, get a soldering gun, and do any wires you have to cut correctly.

I just wanted to clean up my engine bay up a bit. I'm not really into the wiring headaches myself. I'm still debating on whether I should just do a mild tuck into the fenders and place the battery in the trunk and call it a day. Anyone done the battery relocation any wisdom would be greatly appreciated!

I've done a relocation in my 92eg I wouldn't recommend it buddy...Idk what went wrong or what...but now my fuse box sits under my glove box and.my lady disconnected the alternator batt. And now for some odd reason when i connect the wire my car acts funny...but when its in hooked it runs fine... so one of my buddy said it from one.of the wires I moved from locating the batt. in the back.... but Idk

I've personally done a tuck in my EK, and I did everything properly. Now every time I want to add a wire for something new, I have to take the fender off or find a way to get power from the harness which is now mostly under the intake manifold.

To make a long story short, I bought a fresh (used) harness off of ebay. I'll be installing it with my VTEC conversion, and putting the battery back in the stock location.

I plan to do everything carefully and properly. I am in no rush to finish the job of it means overlooking anything important! Here's a list of what I have so far:
Used ek wiring harness from an obd2a hx coupe
Soldering gun
Black electrical tape
Heat gun and shrink tubing
Do I need anything else besides patience and precision?

I'd put labels on sensors if I were you. It is very easy to get things mixed up when all of the sheath is pulled off.

I'll remind you that IMO stock wiring is best. You can even manipulate the stock harness (without cutting any wire) to hide a decent amount of it.

That was another one of my options as well just manipulate so of the stock wiring into the fenders and call it a day. Thanks for all the input fellas I will post up progress over the next few days.

I concur, I've done wire tucks and relocations and they are just a pain in the ass whenever you need to get to the wires. As far as the relocation, I'd get some monster cable like 1/0 battery wire and an inline fuse holder like this one with a fuse. Put that as close to the positive battery terminal so in case the wire gets cut or something along the side of the car, or for some reason the positive cable shorts out, you don't fry everything and blow up the battery.

Back