engine advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stockcarracer

hi folks i'm new to this honda malarkey lol,i was wonderin if anybody could steer me in the right direction.is it possible to fit a 1.5 sohc vtec head onto a 1.6 non vtec bottom end? :confused:and is it possible to fit a sohc head on a dohc block?:confused: as i have these sitting and wondered if it was possible to mate them together,i would be runnin a set of twin carbs on it.all advie greatly appreciated

is it possible to fit a 1.5 sohc vtec head onto a 1.6 non vtec bottom end?
:yes:

is it possible to fit a sohc head on a dohc block?
typically :no:

99sidude

hi and thanks 4 the advice,nots ure what you mean by it'll fit with the use of jb weld?

He is being facetious. Most DOHC head will not bolt on to a SOHC block.

Only a DOHC ZC head and it would not be simple as parts like timing belt would be hard to figure out. Plus it would not be a worth while motor ro build as is would not make much power compared to a SOHC Vtec head. But B series is always better :rimshot:

Search "mini-me" around the site. Lots of information about putting a VTEC head onto a non-VTEC D series block. There should be an article or two in the reference section too.

Back