Engine Grounding Kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jdmeg6

I'm looking to pickup a grounding system for my EG6 with a B16A and I'm wondering if anyone knows a good site or place to pick up a good system for a reasonable price. Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@May 18 2005, 08:34 PM
why just a wast of money no help
[post=501158]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: Your funny! Now why would you be dumb enough to say that when there are plenty of dyno results that show that the APEXi ground system can increase your power by as much as 9HP and the Lineage ground system can increase your power by as much as 5HP, both with no losses of power throughout the entire RPM range. Now I'm not trying to be mean, but I did not ask for your opinion on what you thought about grounding systems, I simply asked if anyone knew of any sites or places that carry good systems for reasonable prices. Specifically the AEM system, that's the one I'm leaning towards. Thanks

how about you save a buttload of money and make one instead. and no, it won't give you more power, but it should smooth out the idle/acceleration.

They don't "make" power, they reduce electrical resistance, which CAN in some cases, free up some power.

On that note, you can make them from stereo power wire for about $20-$30 depending on how nice you want it to look.

i used 6 gauge lawnmower battery wire from walmart, plus the connectors.
$12 for the whole setup, all it did was help out with the starting of my car, which was probably because my grounds were all broken and shitty.
Idle dropped down about 100rpms, and there was no noticed power gains anywhere.. i guess its cuz i didnt buy the name brand kit :lol:
I havent remade the kit since the swap, i should probly do that :p

i was just going to post a thing asking if people had grounding kits because i found some stuff on ebay and i was wondering if people had them too. i found the ground kits and a thing called a voltage stabilizer and wanted to know mostly about that, whether or not they improve your power i would buy them anyways if you get smoother idles faster starts clearer radio and stuff like that

The stabilizers just reduce voltage spikes(hooks up to your battery). I know that the Buddy Club Condenser and Apex'i Ground system are Voltage Stabilizers that have a grounding kit integrated to the voltage stabilzer. They cost around $140.

Originally posted by jdmeg6+May 19 2005, 02:27 AM-->
TWISTEDIMAGE
@May 18 2005, 08:34 PM
why just a wast of money no help
[post=501158]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol: Your funny! Now why would you be dumb enough to say that when there are plenty of dyno results that show that the APEXi ground system can increase your power by as much as 9HP and the Lineage ground system can increase your power by as much as 5HP, both with no losses of power throughout the entire RPM range. Now I'm not trying to be mean, but I did not ask for your opinion on what you thought about grounding systems, I simply asked if anyone knew of any sites or places that carry good systems for reasonable prices. Specifically the AEM system, that's the one I'm leaning towards. Thanks
[post=501171]Quoted post[/post]​

ok noob sorry you might as well but that thing.... oh yea turbo any car for 69.99gain 10-15 hp man now for the bs might help small things first i drive a honda, you must to so pretty good car any ways dont need to improve the starts they usually dont have stereo noise unless you cant wire a stereo.

and last they make your engine bay look like shit wires every where even if you do it correct. and thats my thoughts.

Originally posted by TWISTEDIMAGE@May 26 2005, 05:17 AM
ok noob sorry you might as well but that thing.... oh yea turbo any car for 69.99gain 10-15 hp man now for the bs might help small things first i drive a honda, you must to so pretty good car any ways dont need to improve the starts they usually dont have stereo noise unless you cant wire a stereo.

and last they make your engine bay look like shit wires every where even if you do it correct. and thats my thoughts.
[post=503737]Quoted post[/post]​

English motherfucker, do you speak it?

:werd: I couldnt understand a damn thing he wrote, and when the hell did I ever mention about 10-15 hp?! Definitely deserves this emoticon :emofo:

ok is every body crazy?
i was saying, if you want to wast money you might as well buy that thing that they advertise.

super charge any car for 69.99. that is what i am saying they claim 10-15 hp gains which is b.s.

like your claimed 9hp

so thats english mother fuckers.

moral of the story is: waste of money

just get some amp power wire, 8g. and run it from the tranny ground to the mount in addition. thats really the only ground that matters.

Yeah, just don't get ripped off by any of the "kits". I'm going to be performing this on my WRX in a week or so, and many people have reported some nice gains, relative to the cost for the mod.

Also, the kits for my car include, like, 10-15 (there's that number again :lol: ) wires for useless grounding points. I really just need two wires run to see the gains. Make sure you do some research first, and you'll be fine.

:thumbsup:

I'm probably going to make my own... I do work in a plant that builds electronics and cables to military standards now, and I'm certified to do all the work myself! At least I'll know that the stuff I build will be higher quality than what you can buy on the market. :)

I bought one for about $50 - just fancy packaging with cheap wires, neat crimps and a fancy central point.

I wish I had made it myself.

Buy your own wires and daisy-chain them instead of running it star from a central point to every grounding point. You end up with lots wires.

Daisy-chaining the wires gives a much neater installation in my opinion.

Buy the kit only if you are lazy - I did and regretted it.

Back