Engine Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CaddySmasher

I am putting a '91 D16a6 motor into a '90 civic dx 3d hb (has a D15b2 motor in it)
and need info on wiring mods for dpfi to mpfi conversion. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You need to run 4 wires for the swap
2 injector
2 crank angle sensor
you will need honda ecu pins
you will also need the injector sub harness from the donor car

first thing to do is relocate the wire from ecu pin c1 to pin b10
and c2 to b12

next move to the distributor there will a conector on the distributor with 2 unused pin positions
one wire will be blue with a green stripe
the other blue and yellow stripe
the blue and green wire gets connected to pin c1
and the blue and yellow to pin c2
then swap the two outside wires on the TPS

next wire up the injectors
wire up a Honda resistor box with power from the thicker gauge yellow with black stripe wire on the driver side harness (the old power wire for the dpfi)

next run a bow wire from the resistor box conector to the number 1 injector it will replace the yellow secondary injector wire
then a light blue from the resistor to number three injector replaceing the red primary injector wire

then a yellow wire from injector 4 to pin a7 on ecu
then a red wire from injector 2 to pin a3 on ecu
(the two wires hooked up at a7 and a3 can be disconnected and taped off they are no longer needed)
next hook up the four power feeds from the resistor box to the four injectors ( red with black stripes)

ok, i have a stupid one for anyone that will help me! I happen to be doing the exact same swap, and am having a hell of a time with this. Will someone please tell me how to "relocate pins", and what exactly are honda ecu pins? I cannot find a wiring schematic for a 1991 civic hatchback that shows me the ecu wired like mine. As far as i know all is stock, and the haynes manual i have is stingy with these schematics.
Please!!! if i could just be instructed on how to do the pin thing, i would be very very happy!! :worthy: I will be checking back constantly as i have my garage all torn up. thank you. sinful....

go to your local library. Look at a Mitchell manual. I did a similiar swap 2 months ago and everytime i'd get stuck on wiring, that is where i'd go spend 20 minutes and 40 cents on the copier.

just a quick question,how does one relocate an ecu pin from c1 to b10? I must really be dense cause i cant find a b10 or b12 on my ecu. i am doing the d16a6 complete swap out and am stuck in the mud right there...
thx. :blink:

Back