Engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

worldrecord

I was wondering if any of you guys out there could give me some info in choosing an engine to swap into my '90 civic h/b. I don't have much to spend but I'd like to get something that will make it quick and at the same time affordable and not so difficult. My stock engine has been removed and I'm now confused as to which engine to install. I have about $3500 to work with (can$)
to put my car back out on the road. hopefully ASAP. I'm still leaning towards the H22 though. Any idea on how much $ it will cost me. Is there another engine that will give me high hp and torque like the H22 that may be a bit cheaper. what other parts would I need for the swap with the H22 or similar.
Your info and suggestions will be very helpfull and appreciated.

you dont have enough money for that swap. get a b16a first gen or a b18a first gen. you can get a full swap for anywhere around 1000-1500 for the motors and 500 for mounts.

Originally posted by worldrecord@Jan 1 2003, 08:38 PM
I have someone who will help me to install it so I'll save $ on installation.

99% of the time on this site all prices do not include installation. We all figure that if you want to make your car fast and you are even considering a swap, you'll probally have some knowledge about cars and a semi mechanical mind. That said you would probally do the engine swap yourself because you will take more pride in it, one more thing to brag about, and it is cheaper.

As for the h22 with the cash you have, i am not even sure if that engine will fit in the 90 civic. 3500 can, how much is that in US dollars, about 2000 right? For that kind of money an h22 is kinda out of the question (that is if the h22 even fits) In the 5th and 6th generations you have to have mounts, new radatior, and other stuff (you'll need suspention). For how much money you have, just put in a b18a and mounts (if you want trq) and later you can go turbo with this engine. Or you can just throw in a b16a sirI for about 1200 plus mounts.

*all my prices are in USD

Originally posted by asmallsol+Jan 1 2003, 08:54 PM-->
worldrecord
@Jan 1 2003, 08:38 PM
I have someone who will help me to install it so I'll save $ on installation.

99% of the time on this site all prices do not include installation. We all figure that if you want to make your car fast and you are even considering a swap, you'll probally have some knowledge about cars and a semi mechanical mind. That said you would probally do the engine swap yourself because you will take more pride in it, one more thing to brag about, and it is cheaper.

As for the h22 with the cash you have, i am not even sure if that engine will fit in the 90 civic. 3500 can, how much is that in US dollars, about 2000 right? For that kind of money an h22 is kinda out of the question (that is if the h22 even fits) In the 5th and 6th generations you have to have mounts, new radatior, and other stuff (you'll need suspention). For how much money you have, just put in a b18a and mounts (if you want trq) and later you can go turbo with this engine. Or you can just throw in a b16a sirI for about 1200 plus mounts.

*all my prices are in USD

it will fit, but you might have to have mounts fabbed up b/c i dont think anyone makes them. You can kiss p/s and a/c goodbye. Might also be radiator clearence problems. With 2k, i suggest SiR 1 for 1200 bucks and then spend the rest for install parts.. i.e. mount kit and then money for tune up shit and incase you get broken sensors. When swapping, 99.9% of the time, something goes wrong. IF you have anything left over. Do the bolt ons.. in this order.. CAI, Exhaust, Header...

Back