engine swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lowassaccord

Im going to take my f22 stock accord engine out of my car and do an engine swap with an H23A JDM Block, H22A JDM head and would like to know what other kinds of mods i should look into while building the engine. I plan to build the engine to run low compression for a turbo that im going to in time put on it. along with how i can make the red line as high as possible without haveing to go special places for gas 93 is the highest i want to run. What turbo should i get in the future, and any other information that would be helpful for me.

Thanks

Well, it depends on how much time and money you have. While you've got the two pieces outside your car, aside from the usual things you should do (head gasket, timing belt, water pump), there are a ton of things that you can do to the block and the head. Valvetrain, cams and a port and polish for the head, pistons and rods for the block. I've been told you need to resleeve the block on the H-series if you're planning on turboing it, so that's probably something you should do while you've got everything apart. Can't help you too much otherwise, I'm an N/A guy these days.

Well I've got all the time in the world for this and I can come up with the money. Im just not going to mess around with it if im going to do it im going to go all out and do it right. I planned on boarded, hoaned, port polished, new rods, pistons, vaulves, springs, crank, cams, cam gears, bassically build the sh*t out of it. Probably bout 8 to 10 grand on it. In time put a 50 or 75 shot on it, so i want to get stuff done to it so i can handle that when i get it. Dont know what all i need to do to hold about 15 - 20 lbs. boost, get a high redline, and hold the NOS without blowing it up or fixing it weekly.

hey, i'm thinking about doing an h22a swap, i just need some more information on it. i'm probably gonna buy the engine, by this summer.

Originally posted by RocSteadyNY@Mar 26 2005, 08:54 PM
hey, i'm thinking about doing an h22a swap, i just need some more information on it. i'm probably gonna buy the engine, by this summer.
[post=479148]Quoted post[/post]​

read in this forum for a couple days, then come back with questions. Also, it's impolite to threadjack. Please start your own thread for questions.

Back