Engine Weight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

well from what I can tell from those websites the weights look great to me. thanks for your input on the h22a now to fine some weight savings (since I have no ac or power steering) I think my new goal is to put an h22A in my car and figure out how to remove enough weight so that the weight ratio between the front and rear tires is the same as the car stock ...(wow that sounds impossible)

Gatherer

Also in response to the replies about the AC and power steering systems not weight that much since you have a box of all the parts for these systems and you say they don't weigh 50lbs did you include the weight of the fuild that would normally be running through those hoses...example:

If I removed my windsheild washer fuild bottle from my car if I don't include the weight of the liquid that is always carried around in that bottle then I'm saving about a 1/4 pound in plastic (guessimation) if I include the weight of the 4 letres of washer fuilded well thats about 4lbs (or so) that I'm shaving off my cars weight.

gatherer

Eh just a note about the weight distribution: putting the h22a in your car will make it weigh about the same as though you had a b18c with power steering and a/c. You will need stiffer springs up front though. Get eibach pro's or just whatever you think will work for you. A larger front sway bar will also help to offset the extra weight of the engine (as far as understeer goes). Keep in mind though that putting an h22a into your car is going to be about 4x as much work as a b series engine.

sounds like an idea... I was planing the battery relocation but I do still want a spot of a spare so I'll skip on the lead Idea. as for the work well I don't have time to really swap anything into my car thats what shops are for anyways thanks everyone for your help.

Back