Erratic Idle

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

enasnIDX

My 94 civic dx has a really erratic idle. I was told it is because my intake and exhaust are too big for my engine. I was also told that advancing my timing would solve this? Does this sound correct? Any other suggestions? Thanks.

You know I have the same problem I have stage 2 Crower cams and Venom adjustable cam gears. When I am at a red light my revs go from 0-1k very erratic. My tuner told me it was my cams but when I was running a SAFC it did not do that now that I have a Hondata it does I think it may be the tune but I am not too sure. Hopefully someone can help us both out. Sorry I am not trying to threadjack.

i think ur stage 2 cams are supposed to have a littl ebit of a lope, you might be able to tune it out but I dunno.

The exhaust will cause a slight lope if it's too big or non existent (like my hatch). I'm just assuming you don't have a cat or high flow one, if it's true go back to the original and it should smooth everything out, otherwise wait for other responses, I personally wouldn't advance timing for those mods.

Back