Erratic Idling After Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScandalousImage

I put a b18c1 engine (obd1) into my '94 Civic Si, when the engine was installed, there was a bad oxygen sensor which triggered the check engine light, I got that fixed, but the car still idles erraticly, here's a description:

When I start it up, it revs to about 3800 rpm, then it drops back down to 1500 rpm, then kicks back up to about 3500 rpm, then goes back and forth between those 2 engine speeds.

My first guess was a vacuum problem, I took it to a shop, they did a vacuum test and said the vacuum was good.

Any help would be appreciated

Originally posted by SolReaver@Jan 23 2003, 02:04 PM
check tps voltage and iac valve

exactly

I bet its the IAC Valve that has a lot of soot on it, get some simple green and an old toothbrush and clean the soot off the screens and you should be golden

u took it to a shop and they didn t even tell u what they think?
didn t they at least try to sell u an idle adjustment and throttle body clean?
how about fuel filter?

i wonder how people make money.....................

I had the swap done while i was home from college on winter break, I had to drive to college with fucked up idle, the guys in the podunk town where I go to school were amazed at the concept of swapping engines, they wouldn't understand the IAC system of a honda engine.

I'll get that valve cleaned out tomorrow, I have confidence that it will work

Originally posted by ScandalousImage@Jan 23 2003, 11:13 PM
they wouldn't understand the IAC system of a honda engine.

anyone with engine performance knows what a idle air control valve si
it basic
all cars have one

Originally posted by ScandalousImage@Jan 23 2003, 11:13 PM
the guys in the podunk town where I go to school were amazed at the concept of swapping engines, they wouldn't understand the IAC system of a honda engine.

hahahaha i feel the same way with about half the city i live in

Back