F20a

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
in fact, i got wheel hop most of the times.. it sucks coz it's more powerful than the F22A? can produce.. therefore, it wheel hop alot as I still have original prelude S tranny in it...

anyway, this is a good engine.. not as powerful as VTEC... but it won't lose easily...!!! trust me!!!

actually your right on that. in spanish we abbreviate the us as eu so ya thats my bad but if u notice the sohc version still only has 135.

RENR.... you have no clue what you're talking about, do you? Oooh boy :lol: ... the link you had posted DOES show the specs for the F20A Si Accord engine alright.... at 150 hp and 137 torque or something. Get your facts straight before you try disproving us. Ken, where did you get performance parts for the F20? Did you use F22 components? Or is there someplace overseas that sells parts? Lemme know, man, I think I'm going to get the F20 to muck with.

Mike

I'd guess that any F22A1 or F22B2 (both non-VTEC) valvetrain and bolt-ons will work. I imagine that the heads are identical or very similar.

DIDNT I SAY THE F20 DOHC DOHC DOHC HAD 150 HP. NOT THE SOHC! AND TOO BAD IF U DONT BELEIVE ME THATS Y I HAVE TWO F20 THROTTLE BODIES IN MY GARAGE THAT I TOOK OFF OF US MODEL ACCORDS.I DOUBT THOSE OLD FOOLS THAT OWNED THOSE ACCORDS WERE INTO SWAPPING ENGINES. THATS ALL I KNOW FROM* PERSONAL *EXPERIENCE NOT THE NET. AND AKIRA WERENT U THE ONE THAT DIDNT EVEN KNOW THE F20 CAME IN SOHC?

I'm unlocking this for purposed of discussing mods to the F20A only. We've discussed enough about where the F20A comes from. If anything else gets mentioned about that, or whether it's double or triple cam, this thread gets locked again.

hi fellas,

im in Australia, got me a sweet lil prelude that im tinkering with.

Ok on to business.

I am planning on putting an F20B with quad throttles etc on, BUT NOT YET.

I have an F20A SOHC enbgine i picked up for cheap, and was wanting some idea of anything besides the dizzy i have to change before i put it in, plus are there any DOHC head that will bolt straight on (H22, F20A1) without much hassle?

Pic of me Prelude

39976361_c232bd1b8d_d.jpg

39977729_15de2029ac_d.jpg

Well if you buy the H22 head you might as well get the bottom end too. That engine isnt too expensive and its an EASY swap. Get 200HP SUPER QUICK without the insane hassles of a frankenstein engine. Not to mention that if you swap the head you have to chip your ecu with crome (or the like) because your fuel maps will be out of wack.

Oh, and you need to start a new thread. The mods frown about bringing back 2 year old threads. But way to search.

I blew the motor in my h22 last year, bad timing belt work from a mechanic. so i ended up getting screwed by the company i bought a new "h22a" from. instead they sent me an aftermarket f20A. it'll get with it alright, but not like the h22 did. i've heard good and bad things said about em, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back