F23 Vtec?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Sprocker

ANyone know the Stock Vtec point on an F23a1. I have a VAFC and I just found out that changing the Vtec on the 4 cyl. Accord using it has bad effects on the car, I believe stock is 3800 which is where I have it so that is probably why I haven't had any problems in the last year but I want to make sure and set it right until the EMS gets installed and tuned. Thanks, Jason.

Nope, I had installed a small VTEC light back when I had my F22, and it kicked at 2500 rpm under full throttle, 2900 rpm under light throttle.

You'll probably be amused by this DohcvtecAccord" My friend did the H22 swap in his 91 Accord and previusly(sp) had the F22 in his car(wasn't fast enough), but anyway after we had hooked everything up we tried to put in a mugen chiped H22 ECU, but it was fucked. So we had to settle for the F22 ECU. Like you said, It kicks in at 2900..... We had open headers and stage 2 Vtec Cams. Wow. :eek:

No, It actually hit very hard. The only reason we could think of was that the valves were extremely loose at the time. If we would have had tight valves it could have fucked up everything. That's just what we think. Also, My friend has lots of shit done to his H22 and it runs pretty slow for what he's done.(light weight flywheel, stage2 clutch, stage2 cams, fuel rail, pressure regulater, and VAFC. He ran a 15.1 at best. were thinking the VAFC needs to be tuned as well as the car. He has cam gears too but are not put on yet. We live in charlotte NC,(air,humidity?)

Wow, I have no idea. Mine ran like ass when I had it connected, and it made me fail emissions horribly (I had a wiring problem, and I thought hooking the F22 ECU back up would fix it). What do you mean by 'hit very hard'? My car got extremely loud, but it actually robbed power, until about 4500 rpm.

Originally posted by Mech@Mar 20 2003, 07:09 PM
Well, sound wise it hit hard. But it definately was faster than the F22 swap he had.

That isn't that hard to do. :lol:

Back