Fan

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

4DRB16A

Well I have been worried lately that my fan is not working. I never hear it turn on and come to think about it I have never seen it on :eek:

But my motor doesnt overheat and Im not throwing any codes besides O2 sensor. Wouldnt my car overheat if the radiator fan doesnt work? How can I see if it is working?

No your car would not necessarily overheat if you fan was broken. You fan is designed to cool the car while the car is moving slowly or not at all. The other times the moving air against your radiator take care of the heat.

Easy test, after you drive your car around for awhile, park it and let it idle. Your fans should come on to cool the car.

Originally posted by projectxspeed@Apr 12 2005, 10:45 AM
No your car would not necessarily overheat if you fan was broken. You fan is designed to cool the car while the car is moving slowly or not at all. The other times the moving air against your radiator take care of the heat.

Easy test, after you drive your car around for awhile, park it and let it idle. Your fans should come on to cool the car.
[post=486118]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah its not turning on. I drove around the other night and ran it pretty hard and I went home and checked under the hood and the fan wasnt working. Im thinking about just rigging up a switch to my fan and turn it on and off when I need to.

I dont think mine works either (b16 swap in 90 CRX HF), but it hasn't affected anything yet, so I'm not worrying. I usually drive my car pretty midly, and if I do beat on it, I drive it home nice and easy so it cools off.

You'll notice it will heat up in very heavy traffic or just idleing, not going fast. I sure could tell when mine came unplugged--almost pegged the gauge sitting in a drive through line.

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Apr 13 2005, 04:26 PM
You'll notice it will heat up in very heavy traffic or just idleing, not going fast. I sure could tell when mine came unplugged--almost pegged the gauge sitting in a drive through line.
[post=486759]Quoted post[/post]​

If it has not came on since you did your swap, you have to relocate the coolant temp sensor plug from the back of the block and converted to the one on the thermostat housing. I had the same problem, I think most 92 and aboves have it on the thermostat housing.

Back