Finally back in the garage....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

is the tar your referring to the insulating crap thats on the bottom of the pans?
usually an extreme pain to get off?

if so, then i'd try using dry ice. makes it scrape off easier.

if not, then disregard this post. lol.

with slicks...I really don't plan on tracking in the rain...because I hate the rain... I like racing...but I'm not that hardcore... a few years ago driving home completely wet was not comfortable... when you get old...those small things just piss you off.

The tar actually was old enough to just chip off in some sections with a gasket scraper, and in other sections...a heat gun and paper towels did wonders....then wipe down with paper towels and lacquer thinner it cleaned up pretty much that area. I'll just have to scotch bright the deep scratches a little, and prime...and then the paint will make it look completely stock when it sets.

I'm actually starting to want to take more time on this car to do it right...since I've prolly got over $15K's invested so far.

I'm actually starting to want to take more time on this car to do it right...since I've prolly got over $15K's invested so far.

are you going to post the total cost of build on here? item by item would be cool to follow along with pics. yes, i know that would be a pain in the ass.

87 CRX Rebuild

Medieval Pro Damper Kit by Tein $1170
Tein Suspension Universal Straight Springs $100
Medieval-Pro Sunroof Panel, CARBON FIBER $300
Medieval-Pro Caster/Camber Adjustable Billet Upper Mounts $300
Medieval-Pro / Upgrade Motoring Torsion Bars 31mm $375
Integra Stainless Steel Brake Lines $90
Atsco/Rack & Pinion $190
Brembo Rear Brake Disc $55
Brembo Front Brake Disc $55
Energy Front Control Arm Bushings $35
LONGACRE BRAKE PRESSURE MINI GUAGE PANEL $80
Battery Disconnect Cutoff Kill Switch w Panel $40
Wilwood Combination Proportioning Valve $70
NEW FRONT BRAKE CALIPERS INTEGRA $60
INTEGRA GREENSTUFF FRONT BRAKE PADS $70
Integra Lower Control Arm Ball Joint's $100
Integra Brake booster $60
Painless 18 circuit chassis harness $400
ARP Extended wheel studs $60
Autopower Roll Bar $450
Various small parts from autozone $300

so far $4360 for parts...

I think I've already shelled out about $1200 for bodywork...maybe more.

And now a list of the parts from before the build...

Mugen Steering Wheel $700
Mugen Center garnish $300
16x11 Real Racing wheels $1500
245/45/16 ES100's $500
Houseman Body kit worth $2500 but traded a Z for it.
b20b swap w/ gsr trany $2200
Innovative Motor Mounts $300
Panasport 13x10 Wheels $1600
Addco Front Sway Bar $180
And a lot more in other parts that goes along as I go...I will have a full updated list when it hits the road....and I itemize it. Plus...I might buy more parts...if I see something that I can't live with out or that would totally make this car the hottest car ever.....at a good price.

I still have to research and find parts for the motor that will make it perform to my want's.... flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, header, fab up an exhaust......etc.

all of clayton's debt is gone......hrm

I actually brought down my debt from $228K's down to $193Ks....and have a plan to get it down to $170ish by the end of this year... if the wife would stop complaining about living in a old house. :(

What's wrong with living in an old house?
I guarantee that if you move out, she'll find herself missing all the random shit that comes with an old house.

she's tired of America...if we move out...it's over the ocean we go.....

the house, the crx, my tools, the Z...will all be for sale at fire-prices.... and I can only hope I can still get a job over there working for the same company I work at now... :(

bedtime...

thought this was fitting. i want to get one as big as the hood for the little evo :)

27168_405411361762_510286762_4935368_3056705_n.jpg

:gayflag:

she's tired of America...if we move out...it's over the ocean we go.....

the house, the crx, my tools, the Z...will all be for sale at fire-prices.... and I can only hope I can still get a job over there working for the same company I work at now... :(

bedtime...

lmao, you know you would have a constant hard on about the cars you have the chance to get there.

tell her that the deal is you will move over there only if you get approved for a transfer. if not, then tough shit. lol.

wonder how you'll do living in a 200sf apartment for ungodly amounts of money.

Well I finally trailered the car to my house. Should be getting some headway on it this weekend and hopefully have it back in time for the April 24th car meet.:cool:

Well I finally trailered the car to my house. Should be getting some headway on it this weekend and hopefully have it back in time for the April 24th car meet.:cool:

HELL. YES.

Can't wait to see that thing, hopefully its ready for the meet. If it is, we should all work on getting it together while we consume copious amounts of meats and booze. You know, that way we can make sure everything gets done right.

jesus christ....

"Jackson Racing Supercharger Kit for 1st Generation CR-V

I'd like $500 for everything.

This was on our Honda CR-V for years. EDIT: The following sentence was brought to you by your local ignorance dealer. The lobes of the roots type supercharger are electrically clutch driven based on throttle position sensor, so if you are cruising they aren't spinning. See comments below to know how the superchager bypass system acutally worked. That said, it was barely used during that time as we just used the car as a daily driver. It never went over 8psi either. It includes an intake manifold the supercharger, misc. brackets and wiring to work with the vehicle.

I'm not a Honda guy but I think the engine is a B20, so this might work on that engine in other applications.

Pass this along to anyone or forum you think might be interested."

Back