First Swap, Need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Herebutnot

so, i pretty much blew my d15b7 sohc engine in my 94 civic dx and i found a place nearby that gets engines for decent prices,
some of my choices are
d16b7
d16y8
b16a2/3
b16b

im still tryin to figure everything out that i need, but still dont know much, so my ?'s for yall are
1. Anyone know which engine would be the easyiest to swap in?
2. What are some of the other parts besides the
engine its self?
3. Do i need a new ecu?
thats prety much all i can think bout rite now,
thxs for the hlp

a d16z6 is a pretty easy swap too..i put on in my 93 hatchback and had the b7 out and the z6 in in a day..but as far as other parts you would need you can pick up a z6 with all the bolt ons already on it pretty cheap..you dont necessarily need a new tranny but i would recomend an ex/si tranny because its geared a little better..and if you went with a z6 yes you would need a diff ecu..id use a p28

i did the z6 swap into my del sol. i got an ecu from a junk yard... should be able to find one pretty easy. you will also need the driver side motor mount off the b7. you could prolly get tranny with the engine for less than $500

Hi there,
And for swapping a d17z3 or d16y8 in to a d15b7 place on my EH8,
What parts will I need to aquire?
I know that the engine rubber mounts changes on the sides.
What else will I need to change, i mean Just to be able to fit the engine and get the car rolling.
Im planning to do a built on the bottom end of tge engine at least. But that will be for a next phase.

Hi there,
And for swapping a d17z3 or d16y8 in to a d15b7 place on my EH8,
What parts will I need to aquire?
I know that the engine rubber mounts changes on the sides.
What else will I need to change, i mean Just to be able to fit the engine and get the car rolling.
Im planning to do a built on the bottom end of tge engine at least. But that will be for a next phase.
stupid as fack swap completely a waste of time , completely different mounts and obd and like not really a power gain

Hi, it is because where I live
Should I do an engine overhaul than?
So what do you recommend?
Thanks

Last edited:
Back