First swap questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tehjrow

Hello. I have owned and done work to a lot of Hondas. Currently own a 1997 Prelude and a 2001 S2000.

I want to do a swap (my first). I want to start with a very easy swap.
I'm looking for suggestions on a car/motor to do that doesn't require a lot of extra wiring or converting from OBD1 to OBD2.

I was thinking 92-95 civic hatch and put a B16A in it. From what I have read so far that is about the easiest swap to do. Does this sound right?

Thanks

H22s into 90-97 Accords are very easy swaps as well...

how hard would it be to take out my d16 out of my 89 teg and putting in a b18a1 or b18b1? what do i need for these swaps?

Depending on which b16 swap you purchase (obd1/obd2), its easy. If you DO buy an obd2 swap, converting it to obd1 is pretty easy also. obd1 swaps can be cheaper also.

how hard would it be to take out my d16 out of my 89 teg and putting in a b18a1 or b18b1? what do i need for these swaps?

It's not that horribly difficult. Check out Hasport's website. They have the mount kit you'll need and instructions. One thing to note though, it's mandatory that you lose either power steering or A/C for that swap (can't remember which)...

Back